HELP! Thoughts on my rock layout?

mikedee17

Ok Fellow Red Sea Max 250 people just setting back up my tank after moving into my new house so decided to do a FOWLR this time but I am horrible at setting up any type of rock layout since I won't be hiding it with corals lol I took a few pics let me know your thoughts all are appreciated

Attachments

• 20150912_143327.jpg
    20150912_143327.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20150912_143625.jpg
    20150912_143625.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 41

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
index.php

Like the caves !

GirlyGirl101

It is very important that you like it. Also I thought my scape was stable until I knocked around in there trying to get fish out. I ended up reworking my scape, a few times. My now friend at the LFS told me it takes a glass of wine and a few hours. Yours looks good though. And I too love the caves. It's fun to watch the fishies swim around in them! Try all kinds of variations, islands, slopes, rises... but have fun!
:dolphin:

Oxylebius

Nice caves and nice shelves. Caves are good to have to allow more water flow to the back part of the tank to prevent dead water flow areas. Shelves are good for future coral growing. Make sure everything is stable now before you add corals, you don't want a rock to tumble and destroy your corals.

mikedee17

Thanks Diana, the reason I am entertaining the thought of going fowlr instead of corals again is to be able to enjoy a more variety of fish. I think the maintenance is about the same just no dosing but I still have to worry about water quality

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I've thought about what I would do IF I ever started over....I am most definitely sure that I would only keep very few corals. Corals that are super easy to frag ONLY. I have a tank full of corals now & can't get rid of them because I have Bryopsis Algae in my tank. :pityparty: Just dealing with it day by day :(
Sometimes the FOWLR sounds very tempting to me too!

dacianb

hahha... you are more talented than myself. Anytime I have to aquascape my brain hurts. Is the only thing in a new tank I let it made by my wife.

thedru13

Looks decent. I would move things around a little bit. spread it out a tad more. maybe lay some things out front and create some smaller covers in the front and taller ones in the back.

Some of the rock scapes I have been working on.
45e8c951655c5690eb3eeef0cb74320a.jpg

ba9498f75ddfd060f8fe419085f42d92.jpg

mtsully71

Ok Fellow Red Sea Max 250 people just setting back up my tank after moving into my new house so decided to do a FOWLR this time but I am horrible at setting up any type of rock layout since I won't be hiding it with corals lol I took a few pics let me know your thoughts all are appreciated

really whatever appeals to you Mike, no rush right......water movement around and through what ever you create helps to move detrius. I like the one under the blue