Search results

1. D

Coral ID Plz

I was given a Bucket of Rubble LR and found these in the bucket. I almost jumped out of my skin when they closed as i placed them in the sump. I moved them up under my Reef Lighting, and they opened up into Brown Disks. Anyone have any clue what they might be. I dont know anything about them...
  2. D

Coral ID Plz

i have several of these on a piece of live rock in my tank. it came with the rock, and i do not know what it is. It is sensitive to light. that i know, cause these didnt like the lights in my FOWLR tank, so i put em in my Refugium with 6500k bulb and they sprang out and got bigger. Can...
  3. D

micro/mini brittle stars

Anyone know where i can get some reasonably priced? If someone here has an abundance of them, i'd happily pay shipping. Just want something to help keep the sand clean.
  4. D

Micro Brittle stars

I am looking to get some of these miniature brittle stars. Its my understanding they make for a good clean up crew. Anyone know where i can get a goo reliable source for not to expensive? OR does anyone have a few they'd be willing to ship me? I'd happily pay postage.
  5. D

Live Rock Arrangement

I ordered 75 lbs of Live rock for my 55 gal saltwater start up tank. 48" x 13" x 21" are its measurements. Any suggestions as to the arrangement of the LR? Id prefer an open front for view-ability, but will do whats best for the fish. Im new to SW so i dont want to kill alot of fish out of...
  6. D

Live rock ranch???

Anyone have any experience with Live Rock - Buy Live Rock For Sale At $3 Per Pound At Live Rock Ranch I have heard some good and bad feedback on them. I Just ordered 75 lbs of Prem Deco Live rock, and i have a tracking number on the shipment, but im wondering if i didnt make a mistake. I will...
  7. D

Newb question

I bought a 55 gal Aquatech kit from walmart, originally planning to do FW cichlid tank. I decided to go with SW and FOWLR config, but the question i have is this. The default lighting is florescent. Will that be enough, and if not, can the light fixtures i have handle the higher output bulbs i...
  8. D

New here and New to Saltwater

I've Kept freshwater aquariums on and off for 10 years. I love taking care of an aquarium. My wife thinks I am nuts, but tries to be as tolerant of my hobby as i am of hers (Scrapbooking /yuck). I have a 125 freshwater Tank in my living room, but in my home office i am setting up a 55gal...