micro/mini brittle stars

devind

Anyone know where i can get some reasonably priced? If someone here has an abundance of them, i'd happily pay shipping. Just want something to help keep the sand clean.

devind

North Panhandle of Texas. I have live stuff shipped to me by Petsolutions.com all the time. 8064354812 if ya wana discuss it. Just ask for Devin

tektite

Wow, $25 for 6? I've got thousands of the little critters.

You live in Texas, which is close-ish to me, but I have no experience shipping, especially something as delicate as starfish, and with our temps right now I'm afraid they'd never get to you alive. Otherwise, I could send you a bunch!

devind

how is is close-ish. I have a couple of Foam boxes inside cardboard that Petsolutions shipped live fish to me in. If you are willing to try, i certainly am. I will happily send you the box, and you can overnight it back. The way Petsolutions has done it for me is to bag up(and i have extra bags), the fish in bags 50/50 water to air, 2nd bag around that, and seal both, then wrap or pad the inside extra space with foam rubber or shreaded paper. i can send all the materials needed if you are willing to try. If only a handful make it, they will reproduce. 8064350298 is my cell, feel free to call anytime after 6pm cst. Inside the foam container, the water wont cool enough to hurt the fish, i will just have to float acclimate them slowly for a while.

tektite

Sorry, I was too busy tonight, I'll try to remember to call tomorrow night. I'm in Houston TX.

Kovu

It might be better to go to your lfs and see if you can get some, some offer them for free if you get a piece of live rock or something like that.

devind

i checked both LFS within 80 miles of me...neither had any that they could find. the only places i have seen them online for sale want 3-5 bucks each...thats just plain robbery. if i can get em shipped from an online retailer, another person should be able to overnight them to me. i've had all kinds of stuff sent to me from pet solutions in the boxes described, and the survival rate is quite good. if Tek has an abundance of them, what would it hurt to try. if 25 or so were put into each bag, 2-3 bags...if even 1 in 10 survived(which i think it would be more like 2 in 3), i would still have plenty to stock my tank.

In fact, both of the LFS i asked about them, said if i got a good supply and could breed them successfully, they'd be wiling to buy some from me to stock their own tanks.

badvegan

Im guessing by your cell phone number that you are close to lubbock. I got some micro bristle stars today from Mr. Aquarium by buying some cabbage leather out of their 210.

cindyp

I have billions and I bought 2 Harlequin shrimp to rid them in my tank because too many and they start
eating zoa's and some SPS's so far they have destroyed several zoa colonies a pink birdsnest 2 green birdsnest
and are working on my Valetine SPS. becareful what you wish for.

devind

Does anyone have a few extra of these, they'd be wiling to try shipping me? I'd happily pay for shipping

devind

I am still on the lookout for some of these little critters. If anyone is willing to collect/send me a few to Central TX panhandle, i would happily pay shipping. I am new to the trade, i only have a Fowlr tank at the moment, so nothing interesting to trade, sorry.

Devin

devind78@gmail.com

devind

I dont seem to be getting much response to this, so if an admin will be kind enough to close/delete the thread. TY

devind

Ok, i got signed up as a DIBS Breeder of the Mini Brittle Stars, max size 2.5 inches. I get a shipment in a few days. Also The Strombus Grazing snails. I have 2 tanks setup to breed these, with nothing else in there save LR, LS and i am keeping them properly cycled. Within a few months, i will probably be able to offer some up for sale. I am getting 2 different kinds of Mini brittle stars. The micro stars, that are brittle stars that are usually smaller than a quarter, and the Mini brittle stars that can reach 2.5 inches. I will keep posted on how many and what i have avail if anyone wants em. PM Me and i will keep in touch.