Search results

1. Tokalosh

HELP! Refractometer Calibration Fluid Verification.

Is there a way to make sure your calibration fluid for your refractometer is still good? I calibrated my refractometer with RO to zero and then took a reading of my calibration fluid and got 45 PPT. Is this reading something to go by and does the fluid have a shelf life? I’ve had mine for...
  2. Tokalosh

How Much Power Does The RSM 250 Use?

This is one of the questions that has always nagged me every month I receive my electricity bill. So I bought a plug in meter and was shocked at the results: With everything running flat out: Lights, pumps, chiller, reactor , MP10's..... Watts: 488 Amps 2.32 Volts: 240 Well I was...
  3. Tokalosh

TOTM Winners

Would it not be nice to have some sort of emblem of sorts with the date in your avatar column for those who have won TOTM. This emblem of sorts could be a link to a FTS of the persons tank. Just a suggestion. Tok
  4. Tokalosh

Please help ID this Crab.

Hi Guys Over the last few weeks I have noticed that my tangs are been fin nipped. I have a funny feeling the perp may be this guy.... I know the pics arnt the best, but they were taken on the run. The crab has what looks like hairy green running legs with a smooth black...
  5. Tokalosh

UK ONLY, red motipora frags for sale.

This is an offer to my UK fellow reefers. The time has come for me to frag my red montipora capricornis. I could get credit at my LFS but I thought I'd offer my fellow UK reefers the opportunity to bag themselves some red moti. Please let me know if you are interested. Tok
  6. Tokalosh

When Corals Attack!!

Thought I'd share some of my on going coral wars in my tank. I think a lot of the pictures speak for themselves. Star polyp vs Zoa... before they opened..... trying to out grow the star polyp.... Monti vs Zoa... Red Monti vs Green Monti... I'll keep you...
  7. Tokalosh

Time Laps Of Green Star Polyps Opening.

I posted this a while ago in my thread in the RSM section, but as most of you don't venture there I thought I'd post it here as well. A time laps of my Green Star Polyps opening. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSPw2uRD4g Thanks for looking Tok
  8. Tokalosh

ATI Sunpower Dimmable Channel Settings.

I'm starting this thread to share information on the channel setting for the ATI Sunpower. I have recently converted my Red Sea Max 250 hood to incorporate the ATI Sunpower internals. In other words I took the insides of one of these...... and put it into one of these Here...
  9. Tokalosh

London Aquatics Live Show 2012

Well we went to the London Aquatics live show yesterday and I though I'd share some photos. First I'd like to say how disappointed I am about Red Sea Max turn out, which was non existent apart from one tank! Not cool at all!!! Some of the...
  10. Tokalosh

Snail ID please?

Hi Guy's Please could someone ID this snail for me that I purchased from another reefer. I have two of them in my tank and I would like to know if they are coral frindly? I know I should have checked first, but I thought nothing of it as they came from a coral tank. Of late my...
  11. Tokalosh

The affects this hobby has on your relationship.

Just curious as to see what effect this hobby has on us. Tok
  12. Tokalosh

David Saxby's tank

I don't know if this has been posted before but I stumbled upon it today. All I can say is WOW, wish it was mine. 20120630203437 1 - YouTube Tok
  13. Tokalosh

Robo Snail, The Automatic Aquarium Glass Cleaner.

Welcome to the future...... Robo Snail Automatic Aquarium Glass Cleaner (www.aquariumspecialty.com) - YouTube This could be really good on large tanks. Tok
  14. Tokalosh

Adding a SUMP to the RSM 250

Hey guy's I've been reading a lot of threads where the 250 has been converted to run on a sump and I'd like to know what the pros and cons are running the 250 on a sump. Some questions I keep asking myself... 1. Is the tank stand compromised by the splashing of the sump? 2. Is the tank more...
  15. Tokalosh

Testing Test Kits

I came across this interesting artical on Advanced Aquarist and thought I'd share. Aquarium Chemistry: An Attempt to Test Test Kits — Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog Some interesting comments on some of the best test kits on the market. Tok
  16. Tokalosh

Calcium Reactor on the RSM 250

I’ve wanted to run a calcium reactor for quite some time now, but don’t know if one requires a sump to do it. I have my JBL CO2 kit from my fresh water days and thought of using this with the set up. Could someone please provide me with some good advice on how to get this right without having...
  17. Tokalosh

ATI vs KZ

I'm ordering new lights but can't decide on the two choices below; ATI One - ATI Purple Plus Three - ATI Blue Plus Two - ATI 12000K Aquablue Special KZ One - New Gen 14k Coral Light Three - Super Blue One - Fiji Purple One - New Gen 14k Coral Light Other
  18. Tokalosh

Help Sexing Fuzzy Dwarf Lion fish.

Hiya I'd like to add another Fuzzy to my tank but I don't know if I have a male or female at the moment. Is the one I have a MRS or a MR? Thanks Tok
  19. Tokalosh

Hydor Slim-Skim 250

Has anyone used this skimmer and if so what are your views? HYDOR componenti per acquari Tok
  20. Tokalosh

Happy Birthday Sasquatch.

:bday1: All the best mate! Tok