London Aquatics Live Show 2012

Tokalosh

Well we went to the London Aquatics live show yesterday and I though I'd share some photos.

First I'd like to say how disappointed I am about Red Sea Max turn out, which was non existent apart from one tank!

Not cool at all!!!

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

Some of the Tropical tanks were fantastic, if only more attention was given to the marine side of the hobby.

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

And a few shot of what little marine displays there were...

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

I found the blurb in this sign rather amusing..

IMG_2462.jpg

and a rather interesting automatic glass cleaner.

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

and the best tank at the show was from Tetra, well done!

IMG_2452.jpg

this is my email I sent to the organizers...

Dear Sir/Madam

We attended Aquatics Live On Saturday 10th November and I am writing to say how disappointed we were.

Firstly on exiting the Car Park at Olympia there was absolutely no signage indicating the way to the show. We actually walked the entire circumference of Olympia before finally finding the show in the West Hall and we wouldn't have got there at all if it hadn't been for a Warehouse Operative telling us where to go. On entering the venue we explained to one of the Security Staff that there seemed to be very large problem with finding the venue and that it wasn't signposted to which the response we got was "didn't you see the guy with the board". I can ensure you there was no guy with a board and one board would not have been sufficient anyway.

On entering the show, we had our tickets checked and our hands stamped so we could come and go as we pleased and all I would like to say is "what's the point". The show itself took a maximum of 20 minutes to walk around and the representation for marine enthusiasts was poor. If you wanted a tropical tank or to keep discus then you were in your element but as marine tank keepers, there was little to nothing at all of interest to us. Having attended last year we were hopeful of the attendance at the show of some of the major players such as Red Sea, Seachem, Ecotech and ATI, but instead found very little except small displays tacked onto the end of others, most of which, as already highlighted were specifically aimed at the tropical aquarist.

There was also a severe lack of products on sale for the marine fish keepers, such as calcium, salt etc.

I would like to finish by saying that there is no way that the £10, per person, entrance fee was justifiable and that unless there is a significant improvement in the attendance of marine suppliers then we will not be attending again.

Yours faithfully

Tok

David Shaw

Thanks Tok, i sure wouldn't have wanted to come down for such a short show, seems hardly worth it. I would want a day of browsing for sure!