Search results

1. Cleaner shrimp

Cleaner shrimp

2. Fire Fish

Fire Fish

3. J

HLLE Eeeek!

2 of my fish have HLLE. At first i though it was my cow fish that died because the are poisoness when they die. Then I did some research and found out that it comes from poor water quality and bad eating. Im affraid that I had both, (so much for my mom buying their food at target). I tested my...
  4. my love my cow fish

my love my cow fish

5. J

Holes or bumbs?

Im thinking HLLE is what it is. The lateral line is clearly visible. I think what happened was I let my mom pick up new fish food and she got it at target and put it in the old, good food container. I went out and bought the good food today. Will that help them? I do have frozen brine shrimp...
  6. J

Holes or bumbs?

Thank for giving me the name of the web site. There are a couple of things that could be wrong with my fishy friends, unfortunatly i dont know which one it trull is. Im gonna do more research and hopefuly get more help from you wonderful people here at REEF SANCTUARY before i treat and possibly...
  7. J

Holes or bumbs?

I have a problem. Im my 60 gal tank my blue tang, coral beauty, and my royal goby have places near their eyes and mouth that dont have color anymore. It almost looks like holes in the, What is this? Is it ich? Please help them, and me out. Thank you!
  8. J

Let's Chat Before the Game!

Yup im here, just a beginner but still a fellow reefer:smirk:
  9. J

What kind of alge growth is good?

I have a 40 gal with two Rio 200 for water movement along with my FLUVAL 304 filtration system and a Protein skimmer. I have live rock as well as live sand. My live rock, I believe was cultured and dave DI water in it. Hope this information helps out. Thanks again for all your advice...
  10. J

What kind of alge growth is good?

Im new to the reef keeping and SW aquarim life. My tank is still cycling and its been 2 months and my tank is getting some algea on it. Since i cant really put the fish in or cleaning crabs are the following algea good or bad Browish-red (rust colored):Its covering the filters in the water...
  11. J

I feel so stupid, Help!!!

well im back and bought a skimmer but it is extremely loud and sounds as if it cant get out all the air bubbles? Is it suppost to be so loud? Its a Via Aqua Multi skimmer
  12. J

I couldn't ask for better advice from fellow hobby'ers. Thank you all for your time and words, I know the things i should do. But for now im going to let things take their own beginning and i will keep you all posted for future revelations and or problems. **ALL OF YOU ARE ANGELS OF THE...
  13. J

Im taking the advice to let the tank sit and cure for the next couple weeks or so and then see how all the test come out. As far as all the nitrites, nitrates and the ammonia the levels seem to be matching the "good" so im just gonna learn to wait this cycle thing out and add the dead grocery...
  14. J

I fed my fish the standard Marine flakes, and about 2 pinches worth. My PH was at 7.8 (ouch I know) and the ammonia was at 0 ppm. thats good isnt it?
  15. J

Thank you all for your support. SW is way different from my FW tank that i have had for over 12 years. I had a 9 year old gold fish!! So i know that with the help you all are giving me I will be able to deliver the same results for my SW. Thanks again, all of YOU!!!!:D :cool:
  16. J

I tested my water yester day before i put the fish in for Amonnia, the Ph, Nitrite, Nitrate and eveything was fine. Then after my mis-happ this morining eveything else was good except for the Ph was very low. Im thinking that too much food made it go so low. I should do buy the Ph 8.2 additive i...
  17. J

I just got a 40 gal SW tank started 2 days ago and i added the live rock, sand and 3 damsels to cue my tank. Well the fish were doing fine and everything untill I fed them this morning. Now all 3 are dead! I feel so stupid and sad. How could they die so fast, was it too much fish food?