Search results

1. R

Phosban reactor tumbling question

Just wondering, does this look ok to you guys? I never ran a gfo reactor before and wanted to make sure I have it tumbling right. http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/694/8cbx.mp4/
  2. R

Tunze, Vortech, BRS, Hydor, Neptune, etc...

Interested in the apex. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. R

May 2011 POTM VOTING

Awesome! Thank you to everyone for voting! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. R

Top for rimless tank?

I went to my lfs the other day and I found this nice top for my tank for $40. Works perfectly and doesn't kill the rimless look. :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. R

HELP!!!! Heater Broke!

You won't have a cycle. I did a 80% water change when I accidentally over dosed on alk. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. R

New heater killed my shrimps twice?

What is the water testing out? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. R

Carib sea sugar sized sand?

Maybe I can get my lfs to do a trade, since I got this from dr foster & smith. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. R

Carib sea sugar sized sand?

So, I just received some sand for my new build. It's Carib Sea Aragamax Sand (sugar sized). I'm wondering if I will have problems using this stuff, as the tank I'm setting up will have a good amount of flow for sps. So I really don't want this stuff being blown everywhere. Anyone experienced...
  9. R

I'm assuming, you think the heater over heated and killed your shrimps? Do you know what the temperature was reading at the time? 28c is not that high, a little warm but most invertebrates will do fine at that temp. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. R

What are the temperature readings? Posting your water parameters will also help. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. R

May 2011 POTM Contest!

One of my newly acquired mystery wrasse. He's a shy one, currently about 2" and residing in my quarantine tank.
  12. R

First time clownfish owner... Help Please

She's infected with a parasite. I had two clowns that did the same thing, though I let them fight it off since they were swimming and eating regularly, and now they poop perfectly normal. Feed a healthy diet with variety, not just brine shrimp. Try mysis shrimp and a good quality pellet food...
  13. R

SPS opinions

What type of lighting are you running? And, it's not just Columbus. Some of the lfs in my area open only when they feel like it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. R

Very slow cycle???

You need to add a bio media. In my qt, I use a aqua clear hob filter. For the first week, I run no carbon and dosed mb7. My qt was cycled in less than 2weeks. I also used PVCs and fake coral decor. Since It doesn't have rock or sand, this gives the bacteria a surface for which it can...
  15. R

How long should I drip acclimate a rose bubble tip?

I'm guilty of this also, even with sps corals and they all seem to do just fine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. R

Coral frenzy?

Wondering if anyone have experience using coral frenzy? I have two free bottles of this stuff. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. R

Need help with camera & T5 lighting

The A430 was released in 2006, so it's not really old and should still be able to capture a better quality photo than what you've posted. It seems to be operator fault here not the camera. Do you know what settings you used? When I get on my computer, I can take a look at the image data and...
  18. R

Need help with camera & T5 lighting

Can you post up a sample of a photo taken under T5?
  19. R

Shy Duncan Coral

Mine seems to like medium flow, it will open up and have long wavy tentacles during the day. It's arched on my rock work about 8inches from the sand bed. Started with two heads, now I have about ten. I think spot feeding once or twice a week does help. When I do spot feed, it's usually PE...
  20. R

centipede looking thing!

It's a bristleworm and from what I know, they are carnivorous. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk