SPS opinions

Robzilla

So I'm thinking of making a trip after work to a coral farm to get an SPS...probably some form of acro.

My only concern is that I have a Lawnmower Blenny. Would it be ok or should I wait until I can find a new home for the Blenny?

seafansar

I think it will be fine. Just keep an eye on the blenny, but it'll probably leave SPS alone. I've had a blenny start nipping at SPS and it's pretty easy to tell when they are nipping at them.

Frankie

RS STAFF
The blenny won't eat sps. Look forward to seeing your new coral!

PS. think plating acro's ;)

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Rob,
I like the plating ones myself.....just something cool about them and most grow quickly. you can also frag numerous types together and watch them tangle as they grow. plus, in about a year, it creates a nice shaded ledge if you place it right.

Robzilla

I do too but I also like the branching....heck I like em all. Tough choices (for which one I get first)!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
My birdsnest seems to really love the LED's that for sure........but i will say that only the SPS seem to be doing really good, the LPS seem to be veeeeery slow to grow.

Are you looking to just get one? maybe start with a cheap one to see how it does under your lights, juice the power up and see how it reacts?

Robzilla

Just one for now. I can't even do it today....forgot that every good LFS in Columbus has stupid hours.

Reefltx

Just one for now. I can't even do it today....forgot that every good LFS in Columbus has stupid hours.

What type of lighting are you running?

And, it's not just Columbus. Some of the lfs in my area open only when they feel like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk