Search results

1. L

Help: Fish swimming erractically

Hi. I just introduced a Flame Hawkfish last night and he is pacing up and down the corner of the tank all night long :dunno: Just looking at him makes me dizzy. He is eating though except the erractic swimming behaviour. Anyone got any idea why he does that? None of my fish do that when I...
  2. L

Clownfish won't go near anemone... Is anemone splitting?

Hi guys, I got a pair of clownfish and an anemone for a bout 2 weeks now. I introduced them together in a bucket and they host almost instantly. For 2 weeks, the clownfish won't leave the anemone unless it is feeding time. They even slept inside the anemone. This morning I saw the 2...
  3. L

What happened to the bacteria once you get 0 readings

Re: Just exactly what is a 'cycled' tank What happened to the bacteria once you get 0 readings for ammonia and nitrite? If you don't introduce fish to produce waste, would the bacteria just die off due to the lack of food supply?
  4. L

After 1 Wk: High Ammonia.. No Nitrite/Nitrate

HI everyone I need some help :help1: Started cycling my 29/30g tank last week with 20kg uncured live rock. Now here's the problem: I failed to preclean the rock!!! There has been a lot of die off, causing the tank to becomes cloudy since day 2. Ammonia has been off the roof 8+ppm (8 was the...