Clownfish won't go near anemone... Is anemone splitting?

LookingForNemo

Hi guys,

I got a pair of clownfish and an anemone for a bout 2 weeks now. I introduced them together in a bucket and they host almost instantly. For 2 weeks, the clownfish won't leave the anemone unless it is feeding time. They even slept inside the anemone.

This morning I saw the 2 clownfish sleeping nearby at the base of the anemone and thinks it is quite odd. I just got home today and saw the 2 clownfish is nowhere near the anemone. They swam around the base of the anemone but were always careful not to touch its tentacles. I sat down and observed their behavior for 30min and concluded that they are indeed scare of touching its tentacles, and when they do they kinda ran off a bit. Its like they wanna get cosy but too scare of getting stung. I take a look at the anemone and noticed it got quite large since morning, its tentacles are longer but looks healthy. On one side of the anemone is kinda like a arc inward. Is the anemone splitting? Also, is that bad sign that it is stressing? Will my nemos host it again?

Thanks in advance.