Help: Fish swimming erractically

LookingForNemo

Hi. I just introduced a Flame Hawkfish last night and he is pacing up and down the corner of the tank all night long :dunno: Just looking at him makes me dizzy. He is eating though except the erractic swimming behaviour. Anyone got any idea why he does that? None of my fish do that when I introduced them to the tank. I've tried to cut down the lighting to having only 1 bulb on and putting in an airstone just in case he's lacking oxygen. I do noticed he sat on the bottom of the tank instead of the rock when the lights are out. :rollingey

LookingForNemo

I had him hanging in a DIY box on the side of the tank for 2 days to make sure he's eating before releasing him out last night. So all up 3 days.

Robzilla

Some fish take a week or longer to really get used to the environment. It could happen all over again when introduced to the DT. The DIY box could also be too small too.

It could also have a disease. Did you QT it?

LookingForNemo

I don't have a seperate tank for QT that's why I hang most of the new fish on the side of the tank to make sure they are eating properly prior releasing them. So far none of them behave like this fish, except the yellow tang that sometimes chases his own reflection. He keeps swimming up and down, sometimes to the top of the surface like he wanna jump out so I put the lid on just in case.

catran

No swim bladder problem, he would list, or float sideways.
You really need to quarantine your fish before introducing them to your DT. What kind of box on the side of your tank? What kind of water movement/ aeration? I have a 15 gallon with a cheap Aqua Clear filter and a small and inexpensive powerhead, a couple of plastic plants for shy fish and no rock or sand. A 10 gallon would be better than a tiny box. You could equip it with everything for about 30.00. Think of it as security for the existing livestock that you have as well as for the new fish. If you see something wrong, you can treat the new fish with medication that might otherwise be harmful to your display tank. You will also have it as a hospital tank in case your fish get sick in the future.

Forgot to mention, my powerhead has a sponge filter for the purpose of holding good bacteria.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk