Search results

1. P

Looking for recommendations on LED lighting for 55gal reef tank

I currently have 4 T5's, I lost most of my corals and fish(long story but don't task your teenager to make salt water) so starting over and thinking I want to swap to LED. I currently just have Zoa's and Polyp's. I want to add some SPS. I won't say price isn't important but I don't mind paying...
  2. P

Bulk Reef Supply GB starting 15 Mar 2011 to 22 Mar 2011

Starting a group buy starting 15 March 11. Here is the basic rundown of how it goes... 1) set up an account on bulkreefsupply.com 2) send me your account name and your full name 3) once we hit 10 people and close the group buy the next avail Tuesday Bulk Reef Supply will activate...
  3. P

Voice Chat setup

Per a conversion with Eric and QuentinB. I have set up a Voice chat server. Its a TeamSpeak 3 server so all you need is to downland the client. The server address is:hansents3.dyndns.org port:9987 PWA
  4. P

Bulk Reef Supply GB 11/18-11/25

Need 1 more for a BRS Group Buy if anyone want in. All I need is your registered email and last name. When the Group buy is over you will become a Preferred member for continued discounts. If you have any questions let me know. thanks PWA
  5. P

WTB some healthy cheato and a 6500k compact Fluorescent

I'm in the need for some healthy Cheato. If you got some to spare please let me know(PM with price and location). Also could use a 6500k CPF if the price is right (up to 96w) Thanks PWA
  6. P

Which power head for 55 gal

Was looking at picking up a pair of hydor koralia evolution750 for my 55gal tank. Should that be enough? or do you have a recommendation? Thanks PWA
  7. P

WTB a Starter pack Zoa' softies ect

Looking to buy a "starter" pack of Zoa's, mushrooms and/or softies. Would rather buy from a member vs a store if any one wants to build a bundle for me. Prefer a west coast shipper as I live in Alaska and trying to keep it to overnight shipping. Let me know, Thanks PWA
  8. P

What kinda of Nuisance Algae?

I got small sprouts of this Algae all over the walls and starting on sand. Snails seem to ignore. So I pray its not what I think. Also add some Chaeto to compete with it. Let me know what you think it is. Thanks PWA
  9. P

My First Hitch Hicker... a purple worm. Not sure what kind thou

Think it a bristle but not sure since it blue/purple. Any help on ID'ing would be much appreciated. Thanks PWA Click on thumbnail for bigger pic:
  10. P

skimmer? Bubble Magus NAC7 or Reef Octopus 6"

I was kinda set on a SWC 150 BMK Till I friend got me in on a BRS group buy so now I'm looking at either a Bubble Magus NAC7 or a Octopus 6" pinwheel 150 NWB. All have about the same bio load so anyone got opinion on these? This skimmer will be on a 55gal tank with a 30 gal sump. Thanks for...
  11. P

PWA's 55gal FOWLR rookie Build

Okay this is the start of my 55gal FOWLR build witch I'm sure will become a full blown reef build with time :) Tanks is set up- The 30gal sump will go under the main tank with a curtain to hide the sump and equipment. Sump will be a 30 gal with a SWC 150BMK so should be more...
  12. P

Any West coast Live Rock distributors?

Any Reputable Live Rock dealers located on the west coast? Since I live in Alaska shipping is a a killer on Live rock, so trying to find someplace a little closer. thanks :) PWA
  13. P

looking for some input on my 55gal FOWLR plan

I'm semi new to Saltwater, I currently have a 15gal tall with 2 clowns and some live rock(that are covered in hair algae) that I maintained for 3 yrs. So I can at least keep fish alive :olsmile: We'll I just picked up a 55gal tank and want to do this one right. More fish, Live rock that looks...
  14. P

Hello from Alaska

Just starting to set up a 55gal FOWLR, doing a lot of reading and learning from some of the great posts and stickies. Trying to do it right the first time. PWA