Search results

1. LuckyReefer123

Aquarium Weight

Hello, I am upgrading to a 210 acrylic aquarium soon. It will be 7'x2'x2'. All together, I tried adding all the weight and it came out to be 3300 pounds with all rock, sand, sump, and equipment included. But now I am starting to worry about the weight. It will be going across 5 support...
  2. LuckyReefer123

Reducing RO waste water?

I was wondering what was the best way to reduce waste water coming from my rodi unit. I get city of chicago water at about 65 psi. I was reading about adding an extra ro membrane and/or a booster pump. I was just curious as to what way works the best at saving more water. Would you recommend...
  3. LuckyReefer123

Need a couple ID's

Behind and between the birdsnest Sorry for so many, i figured im getting to many unknowns in my tank so i might as well start asking! Thanks for any help!
  4. LuckyReefer123

Can Nitrates alone kill SPS?

I have about 13 frags of SPS in my tank, and i was looking at one today, and i noticed a few very small white spots forming in the middle of the body. I know its growing because it ends are white and i can tell that they turn green after a couple of days so its a sure sign or growth. None of...
  5. LuckyReefer123

Time to replace RO/DI unit filters

Its getting that time where i need to get new filters. My unit is over a year old. It is a 7 stage unit that is an RO DI 100gpd. What filters do i need to replace in my unit to make it get its 100gpd back? Membrane? charcoal? Di chambers? Its my first time replacing the filters so i don't...
  6. LuckyReefer123

Basic Question about nitrates and cycling

I know i should know this but its been so long my thoughts are slipping. I helped my friend set up a new tank, and he started cycling. Well soon enough, he found a bristle worm, found them to be utterly disgusting, and took all his live rock out and washed it with hot water. It was about 3...
  7. LuckyReefer123

2.5 gallon tank lighting?

I was just thinking and curious about starting a mini reef tank for the fun of it since they are not very expensive. And yes i know the risks of having a tank that small and how many more things can go wrong, but you live to learn. So im curious, as i was looking around and found very little...
  8. LuckyReefer123

How do you wash your filter socks?

Just curious as to how people wash their filter socks. Ive heart washing mashing, dishwater, and wondering which would be the best way. Thanks!
  9. LuckyReefer123

My New Sump!

Just felt like sharing my new sump that i put in today. Its a DIY sump/refugium made out of acrylic baffles and a 29 gallon tank i had laying around. Looks better and hopefully works better than my old sump i had. And here is my old sump i had under my tank...
  10. LuckyReefer123

Would anyone trust these LED's?

I found these while going through our sponsors websites to see what kind of equipment they had. Well one of our sponsors had these LEDs High Power WHITE + BLUE LED Aquarium Reef corals grow light But they had very little info on them so i would not trust that website directly. So i went to...
  11. LuckyReefer123

What kind of bin to hold water?

Hope this is the right thread to post this in. I want to start keeping pre-made saltwater in a garbage can or a large bin. I have heard many things about this with either the black or white colored bins leaking chemicals into the water? So i dont want to go out and buy anything if its going...
  12. LuckyReefer123

One of the best reef aquariums?

Found this reef aquarium and thought id share it with everyone. I think its one of the best ive ever seen. If you look at the rest of his videos, he shows all his equipment and how his tank looked when he pretty much first started out. YouTube - ‪Fin 5 HD‬‏
  13. LuckyReefer123

Kenya tree coral frags - $10

I have a bunch of Kenya tree reef frags that are on 1.25" frag plus and the frags themselves are about 1.5" but are bigger and smaller. The smaller ones i will ask $5 for instead. I also have 2 frags of Xenia for sale and asking $10 each for them. I can frag more but i can not put them on frag...
  14. LuckyReefer123

Refugium lighting?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but i think this is the appropriate section. Anyways, I am going to make a DIY fuge out of an old 30 gallon and put it under my 75 gallon to replace my sump i have now. Well Im going to make the fuge in the middle of the tank, and want to know what...
  15. LuckyReefer123

Is it bad for anemones to be touching eachother?

Well ive had my anemones for about 6 months now, and just yesterday, one of them decided to move, and it moved right in between my other two. So it almost looks like they are one long RBTA! they are touching eachother too and im not sure if they are stinging eachother. They dont seem to be...
  16. LuckyReefer123

Is salt just salt?

I hope this is the right section to post this question under. But is salt just salt? Like can i mix 2 different kinds of salts and everything will be fine? I use coralife salt right now but other fish stores dont have that kind and have great deals like buy 2 and get 1 free while its...
  17. LuckyReefer123

Coral glue

What is a good glue to use for glueing corals to frag plugs and or the live rock. I have used putty but it never seens to hold well and i dont want to hurt my corals by pushing hard. I have also used Loctite super glue control gel which worked great, but the stuff runs out so fast! Are there...
  18. LuckyReefer123

What is this stuff?

I recently noticed this white stuff on my sump pump and on and around my moon polyps. Its not hard at all its pretty squishy. Its very white and almost looks like a birdnest coral sheded. Does anyone know what this stuff is? And sorry about the pictures not being perfect. I dont have a nice...
  19. LuckyReefer123

Potasium and strontium?

I am going to start dosing Brightwell Aquatics liquid reef into my reef tank. It has calium, mg, potasium, and strontium in almost the same ratios. I just read that you can overdose on these two and can completely wipe out your tank. Should i be scared with it? I know potasium and strontium...
  20. LuckyReefer123

Which is better?

Hello, as my reef is growing, i want to start dosing instead of doing heavy water changes. Which do you think is better to get and why? One is a powder you mix and the other is in liquid form but is already mixed with Calcium, MG,strontium, and potassium. So which one should i go with that...