Search results

1. S

Need a little help with my tunze 9002.

How dee folks, been awhile since I posted. Tank is still going strongish. Just having a few problems balancing my skimmer. It's foaming up, but not coming right up the neck into the cup, so I open the air valve and then it goes bonkers but it's just too watery???? I sometimes wonder if the green...
  2. S

Urgent Phosphate help needed guys....

I am still battling algae issues, even with CPE and Purigen. Tonight we have lost our beloved Jawfish, Janet. Absolutely gutted. Done a few tests and the phosphates are at 0.36?? I have ordered some Seagel and Purigen, as i ran these for the 1st 12 months but until then, can i whack in some JBL...
  3. S

Goby for my 130D?

Just wondering if they are ok getting in a 130D? i already have a pair of clowns and a yellow head Jawfish. I unfortunately lost my Flasher Wrasse last week. I almost bought a blue cheek goby a while back but the shop said never ever get a blue cheek in a 130. I fancy the idea of the sand...
  4. S

Whats up with my Asparagus coral??

All of a sudden it takes longer to open up, and its forming these different heads which it then ejects. i now have 4 or 5 off=shoots around the tank..[/url] P1030793 by scr33m3r75, on Flickr[/IMG]
  5. S

What does everyone use for filter floss?

I have been using the Poly Filter from InTank for past year and its great but coming to an end. What does everyone else use, especially the Uk guys.
  6. S

I think my tank is in trouble...

I just can't seem to get my head around the tank. After the last problem, I changed salt, new lights, extra flow and switched to CPE and Puerigen. Everything was fine until recently. I've had another outbreak of hair algae, the new sand is badly covered, and corals are looking poor. I did my...
  7. S

Does anyone elses skimmer gate get clogged up?

My gate is constantly getting firred up with a kind of red algae. I have to get a knife and literally push it through each slot to clear it out so the water flows, bit of a bummer when i go away.
  8. S

My Tunze skimmer isn't skimming anything.

Ever since I put a new pump in it, it produces nothing in the cup, no matter what I do. The skimmer is on the water line, it is foaming up inside the actual body, but nothing rises up? The only thing I can think of is that with the new pump, the green outlet hose doesn't look as central perhaps...
  9. S

Advice on Red Bubble Anenomes in my 130D.

I saw one of these today at my LFS, it looked brillinat with the clowns in it and i fancy the idea of one in my 130D. Are they ok in a 130D? How difficult are they to keep? i have heard loads of horror stories, but my LFS said that the red bubbles were among the best to keep.
  10. S

Angels or Tangs in a 130D?

Ive been told by my LFS i have a kind of red seaweed algae thats not harmful but just looks a little messy. He said to get an angel or tang in my tank and it will eat it. WHat sort can i get, i thought they were outlawed in 130Ds??
  11. S

Question about adding live sand??

I need to add some live sand to my tank, i seem to have lost a lot at the front over the year. I have a tub of wet live sand. Do i have to run some Ro through this, or am i ok just adding it seen as its wet and live?? I realise i am going to get a diatoms outbreak anyway.
  12. S

Should I get an auto-top up??

I've never considered one before but keep seeing people talk about them. How exactly do they work? And what benefits do they have to just topping up a litre or two once a week?
  13. S

Quick question about the Intank Mediabasket...

i cant remember from when i originally put it in, but when you slide the basket back down the chamber, is it supposed to stop on the glass stops at the bottom of the rear chamber or not??
  14. S

Is Chemi Pure Elite and Purigen still the best way to go??

After my mammoth battle with Cyano and hair algae, we decided to ditch the Seagel and go with CPE ad the Purigen in a last ditch effort to get rid of it. In the last week we have noticed quite a big improvement esp wit hthe sand which must be down to the new Red Sea Pro salt. So do i go ahead...
  15. S

Urgent help needed, my Tunze has stopped working.

Just got home now and thought how quiet my tank was for a change, then realized that the Tunze 9002 wasnt working. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in but nothing. What can i do????? Apart from buy a new one that is. Will be tank be ok whilst it is down?
  16. S

WHy does my Tunze skimmer stop skimming after a water change?

Its been skimming fine for awhole but noticed that after each water change it takes a few days to start skimming again. The water level in the rear is on optimum, and the water level is near enough on the line on the tunze. Any ideas?
  17. S

Best way to install Chemi Pure Elite?

Just wondering how you guys tie it to your mediabasket? Does it just tie round it or do i need a tie of some sort??
  18. S

Replacement 130D light tubes??

WHich are the correct "official' tubes to put in my 130D? i think i am a bit overdue, its 11 months old, but i cant find any Red Sea ones anywhere, they all see mto offer third-party ones. And they are all different. Any ideas?
  19. S

Best way to wash some sand out??

I've just bought a new tub of sand to top up my depleted tank. Whats the best way of washing through the sand?? I will use existing tank water when i do my change tomorrow, but cant work out the best way to rinse it. Cheers
  20. S

Coming to the end of the road..............

I am getting close to shutting my 130D down. Its just not getting any better and tbh the whole thing is getting to me now. We are 10 months in and still battling cyano, diatoms and mass hair algae. We invested in the media rack and tunze with seagel and purigen, we do a 15ltr water change every...