Search results

1. O

upgraded lights for the 130/130d

does anyone know if a 250w mh light is too strong for the 34gallon (130/130d) models? Should I go for the 150w? I found this used and was wondering if there have been any talks about it and whether its too much wattage for the tank . Odyssea Metal Halide System The only problem is, i...
  2. O

WTB: RSM media basket

I'm looking for a rsm130 media basket used if anyones selling. Please let me know!
  3. O

What is a good powerhead for 130?

Ive been running the stock 2 pumps on my RSM130 and a koralia nano and it seems like there is not enough flow with those. The nano is extremely weak, i barely even feel anything on my hands and algae is forming on it. I'm thinking of upgrading to a koralia 1 and also keeping the koralia nano...
  4. O

Who has an raised/open hood on the 130?

Anyone? I know reefmack does, stevieT.. anyone else? I tried to search for a thread on open/raised hoods that may have pictures but no success. I just want to do some research on whether or not I will like how it looks and its a bit hard to weed through the hundreds of pages of member's pages to...
  5. O

Are chiller thermometer's accurate?

I have a 1/15 JBJ arctica chiller but it's the older version that's not digital. It has a knob temperature setting. I've had it set at 77 for about 2 hours and yet my water is 81.8 and hasn't changed. I've moved it down to 76 now but not much change. Do most people with chillers set the chiller...
  6. O

BIG mistake/lesson #1

I would say there are a lot of learning mistakes in this hobby and I made my first big one last night. I installed my chiller. I put the inlet and outlet hose through the chiller opening in the back of the RSM130 and everything was going smoothly, chilling the water, etc. And after about 30...
  7. O

Quick lighting question help

is a 175w Single ended metal halide light running a 20k bulb enough to be considered an upgrade from the stock lights of RSM130? thinking about getting these but am not too familiar with lights, esp the SE or DE.
  8. O

Hood open and closed?

Do most people leave their hood closed or open? Does anyone with an RSM130 have heat problems? My heater is currently completely turned off, i have 0 live stock, water full, 2 stock circulation pumps and one maxijet1200 in the display and the temperature climbs as the day progresses. It started...
  9. O

RSM 130 stock skimmer question

Is there a switch on the pump or is it plug and play? I just got my entire tank ready and running and now that my tank has cycled, I tried running the skimmer and it won't work. I know a lot of people are running the Tunze, is there anyone out there with a stock rsm 130 skimmer pump theyd...
  10. O

very quick question about setup

I am setting up the stock skimmer and am confused where the air pipe is supposed to go.. does anyone know where? and also, do people put anything under the skimmer itself to raise it?
  11. O

Oneinamillion's RSM 130, new owner

This is like heaven. An entire forum section just for RSM owners.. yes.......... Just what i've been looking for. A little introduction: I just bought myself a RSM130 after a very long laborous journey. I had originally bought a used 12gal nanocube and it was too small, went with a 24g cube...