Quick lighting question help

is a 175w Single ended metal halide light running a 20k bulb enough to be considered an upgrade from the stock lights of RSM130?

thinking about getting these but am not too familiar with lights, esp the SE or DE.

dmyers557

Definately, but you might want to consider adding t5's or pc lighting to that so you can get a very nice look

thanks! im looking at a retrofit kit with a ballast but im not really sure exactly how i would even use a retrofit kit without putting it in stock hood. Hang it?

i used a 150 watt hqi bulb and put it in the hood, however you will need some knolage with wiring along with great diy skills. hint.. its not tons cheaper you just get exactly what you want, check ot my tread

Hey jake,
I checked our your thread and that looks real interesting. I'm only worried about the heat issue and the glass but some good fan placement should take care of that. I might give this one a go.

you will need a chiller, mine is 1-13 hp and you need to find uv coated tempered glass. the glass i found from a lfs, they had their glass guy make it, and dont forgey god diy skills