Search results

1. B

Bonggai Cardinal

Where they wild or tank bred? The wild ones are very hard to keep. The tank raised ones are supposed to be better.
  2. B

Anyone know what this is?

Thanks but I already looked through that and didn't see it.
  3. B

Anyone know what this is?

I have this red flaky looking stuff growing on some of my rock and now there is a patch of it growing on my Zoo's. Does anyone know what it is and what causes it to grow? Any help is greatly appreciated. Here are some pictures of it:
  4. B

Is this cyano?

I'm not sure what you mean by GFO. When I did the blackout I did not cover the tank so all ambient light did get into the tank.
  5. B

Is this cyano?

So I have had my tank up and running now for about 8 1/2 months and for the past 3 I have been battling what I think is Cyano. I have tried everything from cutting back feedings (down to 1/4 cube frozen 3x week), no lights for 5 days, massive water changes of at least 20% every week, siphoning...
  6. B

Justin & Sara's RSM 130D (started 5-1-10)

I definately see some feather dusters in there. My LR had a bunch of them on it when I added it. They are actually really fun to watch especially in the beginning when there isn't much in your tank yet. Good luck with the tank.
  7. B

ReefJeff RSM 130D 1st attempt

Welcome and good luck with the tank.
  8. B

RSM 130D Chiller

My tank had recently started creeping into the 82-83 degree range so I ordered the JBJ Arctica 1/15hp along with a Maxi Jet 1200 pump and it has been smooth sailing. I set it at 78 degrees and my tank stays right there. It's also quiet to the point that I cant even hear it when it clicks on...
  9. B

Any Idea What Type of Algae This Is?

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I will be making a trip to the LFS to pick up a couple of Mexican Turbos.
  10. B

I posted this over in the algae thread but haven't gotten any response so I figured I would see if the RSM crew had any ideas. I have this purple fuzzy algae growing all over some of my live rock. From what I have read it sounds like turf algae but its not red. Any ideas what it may be and how...
  11. B

Any Idea What This Is?

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I guess I will have to wait it out and see what happens
  12. B

Is This Bubble Algae?

So I have these green bubbles looking things appearing on some of my rock. I am pretty sure its bubble algae but I want to get confirmation. Here are some pictures:
  13. B

Any Idea What This Is?

I do have some ceriths in there and I have seem one of them hanging around the thing so that might be it. Is it common for snails to lay eggs in your tank? What is the survival rate for them?
  14. B

I have this purple fuzzy algae growing all over some of my live rock. From what I have read it sounds like turf algae but its not red. Any ideas what it may be and how to get rid of it. I tried scraping it but the stuff doesn't come off. Here are some pictures:
  15. B

Any Idea What This Is?

I found this odd looking thing in my tank yesterday. It just seemed to appear overnight. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? Here are some pictures:
  16. B

Attention RSM 130 Owners Who Use A Chiller

At the risk of sounding like a complete noob I had no clue I would need to purchase a chiller pump as well. I guess I should be asking more questions like aside from the chiller what else am I going to need to buy for this?
  17. B

Attention RSM 130 Owners Who Use A Chiller

Unfortunately it appears as though I am going to have to invest in a chiller being that it is only April and already I am having trouble keeping my tanks temperature stable. The question I have is what is a good one to get? I am not looking to break the bank here but I also don't want to buy a...
  18. B

Types of Thermometers You Use

Do you keep this in the tank or just use it for spot checks?
  19. B

Types of Thermometers You Use

I was curious as to the different types of thermometers that people are using to monitor their tanks. I have been through 2 American Marine Wireless thermometers that where both off by 5-7 degrees. I am currently using a glass thermometer and a $7 Coralife digital that seem to be working ok but...
  20. B

Anyone Own a JBJ T3-150 True Temp Heating System

That's one less thing to have to worry about.