Attention RSM 130 Owners Who Use A Chiller

Berk

Unfortunately it appears as though I am going to have to invest in a chiller being that it is only April and already I am having trouble keeping my tanks temperature stable. The question I have is what is a good one to get? I am not looking to break the bank here but I also don't want to buy a piece of crap. Here is the link to one I am looking at: 1/10 HP (Mini) Current USA Prime Inline Chiller w/ Dual-Stage Thermostat

Not sure if this matters or not but here is a breakdown of my current setup:

Stock Lighting
Stock Heater (although this is going to change soon)
Tunze 9002 Skimmer
MP 10 Powerhead

Current Inhabitants:
2 True Percula Clowns
1 Blue Spotted Watchman Goby
1 Fire Shrimp
1 Emerald Crab
15 or so assorted snails
1 Torch Coral
1 Xenia
1 Long Tentacle Plate Coral
1 Colony of assorted Zoas

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TonyV

Perfect choice. I have the same one (Aqua Euro/Current are the same, just different labels). What chiller pump are you planning on using? I can't remember which one I have but I plan to take it out soon for maintenance.

Berk

At the risk of sounding like a complete noob I had no clue I would need to purchase a chiller pump as well. I guess I should be asking more questions like aside from the chiller what else am I going to need to buy for this?

tnwillia

Here is my external set up on my 250. This is just to give you an idea what you can do. There is no set right or wrong. Have fun!

tnwillia

Duh... forgot the link, sorry

DSC01642.jpg

Poriferan

My chiller came with the tubing. I went with an external pump also. You will need the hose barb fittings and hose clamps for connection to the pump. Mine needed one one male thread and on female. You can also get the RSM chiller insert to connect the tubing from the outside of the tank thru the back.
Red Sea MAX Accessory Kit

I got mine there