Search results

1. G

MP40w, Eheim 1262,skimmer, and 5 stage RO/DI

Mp40w about 6 months old work perfectly $385 Eheim 1262 10 montha old $100 5 stage RO/DI with presure gauge and TDS meter $120 plus shipping Xtreme 200 protein Skimmer. Cup is cracked but i silicone it up and it never leaked. $140 plus shipping. jbj lighting, c-scope 50
  2. G

Gha

Well after 8 months of my tank running with out a problem 2 weeks ago i started to grow a lawn. I have tryed scrubbing it, picking it off, lights off, and gfo and nothing. Am i missing something. Ammo 0ppm nitrates 0ppm nitrites 0ppm phosphates 0ppm temp 78 SG 1.024
  3. G

Bicolor blenny and a orchid dottyback

I have searched and searched and nothing has came up and I'm going to assume that is a good thing, but i wanted to just make sure if anyone has these 2 fish in the same tank. And if they will get along. I know if i had a royal gramma it would not work out but i dont.
  4. G

More than a fan less than a chiller?

Im looking for a radiator that is made of all stainless steal or plastic. I have yet to find one though. A fan is not enuff to keep the water cool so i was thinking of running water though a radiator and blowing a fan across it to get the heat out. Any thoughts or ideas?
  5. G

Somthing is wrong

2 weeks ago my mushroom's, torch, and Zoas all closed up. All of my levels are with in the norm. The only think i changed was i shut down the sump and pulled out the check valve because it was stuck open. I put in a peace of straight pipe in its place. Could the new pipe be causing this...
  6. G

LED's to T5's

I need the extra cash i was thinking of selling my DIY 48 led's and gettng a aqua medic t5 set up. Any thoughts. I have some LPS's and softies and thats it. I would love to have some SPS but that will have to wait.
  7. G

Fine Tuning your protein skimmer.

The other day i was really stinking board and i wanted to see if i could quit my air intake on my protein skimmer. So i took a 4 inch piece of air line and pit it inside the air intake silencer. I noticed that the bubbles in the skimmer got finer and that the bubble line came up about an...
  8. G

FS Optics for LED's

I have 45, 80 degree optics for CREE LED's on star boards. $50 and I will cover shipping or 1$ each + shipping
  9. G

Raising up my SG

How fast should i raise up my SG. I am at 1.020 right now. Should i do .001 a week?
  10. G

What is on my rocks.

I have been fighting this algae for over a month. I thought it was cyno I cut back on the amount of food i was feeding my fish and i have been siphoning the algae out every day and nothing has kept it from coming back. I even added some cheeto to my sump but it did not help. I am at a loss...
  11. G

Green tip torch looking a little down

My GTT was doing great for 2 months then last week 1 of the 3 branches pulled in and has been that way for over a week and all of the tentacles have deflated. Water tested normal and my ph is at 8.2. Should i move it around the tank or leave it alone and let the other 2 arms live and on die off?
  12. G

First real fish.

My tank has been up and running for a month and a half. I got my rock from an established tank so it cycled in a week. I put 2 talbot damsel and 2 peppermint and a CUC. Well after 1 month of that i needed some color. I have had my eye on a maroon CF for 3months. So now he is swimming in my...
  13. G

More flow???

I have an eheim 1262 and 2 tunze 6025 (modified). Im just guessing but i think they are flowing 1000gph. So i am turning over my tank 44x an hours. Should I add more flow or do yall think i am flowing enuff water. I will be adding my LR next week and i dont want to be under powered the tank...
  14. G

WTT Lok-Line 3/4 for 1/2

I ordered 3/4 instead of 1/2. I have 3 complete ones with the fan tip. I would like to trade for 1/2 or i will sell it to you. Let me know.
  15. G

LED project all finished

Well after 2 months my LED's are up and running. I have 24 cool white 24 royal blues and 4 120mm cooling fans running off of 4 power supplies. Here are some pics of it running all lights and then all white and all blues.
  16. G

swc skimmer

My pump for my xtreme 200 is really noisy and annoying. Is the PSK-2500 noisy or is it just my pump. And if all the PSK-2500 are noisy can i swap to a different pump?
  17. G

Finished Drilling.

Well i Drilled my tank today. I was sweating bullets all day. It only took me 20 mins to do it once i had the tank outside and only 4-6 mins of drilling. :bouncer:
  18. G

Another LED build

12 white (6 more on the way) 12 blue (6 more on the way) 30 inches of heat sink (on the way) 6 buck puck led drivers 3 power supplies (on the way) All my parts should be here friday and i will be adding another 12 led's in 3-4 months. I will be putting a lid on the tank for the LED's to shine...
  19. G

gph to tank size.

Some on suggested that i pump my tank and sump 80 gallons at 1000-1400gph. I was thought that this was way over kill. I was thinking 700-1000gph. Any input.
  20. G

Stocking question

I'm looking to stock my tank but not all at once. I want to know what each fish might need for them that i might no know. Tank is a 58gal with a 20 or 30 sump depending on what i can get to fit in the stand. 1 Jawfish (4-5 inches of sand) What size sand and or kind 1 Royal Gramma (?)...