First real fish.

Goober35

My tank has been up and running for a month and a half. I got my rock from an established tank so it cycled in a week. I put 2 talbot damsel and 2 peppermint and a CUC. Well after 1 month of that i needed some color. I have had my eye on a maroon CF for 3months. So now he is swimming in my tank.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 89

Monkeyboy

I too have had my eye on one of them but was told by my LFS that they are one of the more aggessive types of clownfish so i opted to reserve a proven pair of Black and white ones instead.

Now i'm just waiting for my tank to finish cycling so i can get a clean up crew in then the fish.

Aaron

Goober35

No signs of aggression yet, but he has only been in 24hrs. The talbots try to mess with him but he just looks at them.

sambrinar

They are very agressive.... be very very careful if you decide to add any other fish that is smaller than the Maroon. I have a friend that his maroons will kill any fish smaller than they are.. absolutely gorgeous fish tho..

Does your maroon have a white or yellow stripe.. looks white... the yellow ones are more agressive than the white from what I understand

steve76s

I have a maroon clown with yellow stripes and no fish would dare mess with him. He is about 4 inches long. The 6" hippo Tang, 5" yellow tang and a 6" blue face just stay out of his way. I just bought a 4" leopard wrasse thinking he would be ok, but the maroon just chases him around if he gets too close and I mean within 2 feet from him. That's why we call him " nemesis nemo". I love him, but not sure I would have bought if I had known. Good luck

Goober35

I just had to catch the lager of the damsel and put him in the sump for a couple of days. He has been terrorizing its brother and my CF. He had both of them cornered and would not let them come anywhere near the rocks and its not like i have a small tank. So i pulled the rocks out and caught his ass and put him in the sump. I did not find my shrimps :( but i did find a rather large pink worm so i hope they are ok. Only saw one shrimp last night, hope i did not bury them in the sand.

1Reefer

Lmao @ "little demons with fins" lol that was awesome.... maroons are beautiful but I had no idea they were that aggresive, good to know.