What is on my rocks.

Goober35

I have been fighting this algae for over a month. I thought it was cyno I cut back on the amount of food i was feeding my fish and i have been siphoning the algae out every day and nothing has kept it from coming back. I even added some cheeto to my sump but it did not help. I am at a loss is it cyno and what can i do to knock it out.

Thanks
Justin

Attachments

• photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 72
  • photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 72
  • photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 71

Goober35

The only thing that i have not tried is to up the Ph. I would be a little scared to do it. I do think it might be dino's because i had a goby die about 3 weeks ago.

I use a 7 micron bag in the sump so i can siphon for a long time.

I have gotten to the point that i am feeding my fish one piece of mysis shrimp at a time and making sure they eat it and if they dont i try and pull it out.

The algaa is a deep red rust color.

Another note is at night when the lights are off the algae dies of but will come back the next day.

BigJay

Another note is at night when the lights are off the algae dies of but will come back the next day.

that's typical of cyano. What are you using for source water? You can try something like chemi clean to get rid of it , if it's cyano but that would be temporary if we don't locate the source of the nutrients.

Goober35

I get my water from a LFS. Could the arcti pods be doing it. Would it be worth going to mysis shrimp in the morning also? I have a 1 clown, 1 wrasse, 1 dotty back and 1 fire shimp