Search results

1. C

What do you do with your overgrowth

I have a daughter in Lawrence perhaps some time we could arange something.
  2. C

I am located in Salina Ks. I would be willing to ship but have never done so and I am unaware of costs.
  3. C

Over the last several years I have been blessed I guess with excessive growth of severall types of polyps, Ricordea, Anthelia, Kenya Tree, Toadstools etc. I have given away so much I can no longer find people that want them and the local petstores aren't interested in them either. I have...
  4. C

used lights?

I should have specified Bulbs. It just seem wrong to dispose (recycle) bulbs that still work even though they no longer meet the requirements for what they were originally intended for. Couldn't they still be of use to somebody for instance in a greenhouse? I guess what I'm asking, is there...
  5. C

used lights?

I've always wondered what do people do with their used lights.
  6. C

again with my kenya...

Start by putting it down lower in the tank they aren't a high light coral. Second when mine was acting like that I discovered that I had a fish picking at it. Not constantly just an occasional nip here and there. I removed the fish and within a couple of days it was open and happy again...
  7. C

Is this possible

Other than routine maintinance and water changes I have added nothing to my aquarium for about 18 months. Today I found that my Flame Angel has Ich. It was suggested by a local pet store that it may have come in with some frozen food. I feed Marine Cuizine and I find this extremly hard to...
  8. C

Diatom Filter

I bought my first (of two) in 1979. I use it as a gravel vac. They work very good for that. I don't know about using them full time. Don't know it that helps at all but that's my experience with them.
  9. C

Chalice, Elegance questions

I have an Elegance and I think the best answer to your question is. They don't know front from back. They will sting in all directions. I would recomend being very picky about the Elegance that you bring home as they are not the same corals that where on the market several years ago when I got...
  10. C

Suggestions for new coral

Awsome Idea Wolfgang I just googled them. I've never seen them at any of the local stores here. I'll have to see if I can locate some. Thanks
  11. C

Reef safe butterflies or angels?

I currently have a Flame, Coral Beauty, Black tailed Lemon Peel and an Eibly's angel all residing in my reef. I havn't had any problems with any of them. But every fish will have it's own personality so it's kinda luck of the draw. Also I would suggest that if you plan on having more than one...
  12. C

Suggestions for new coral

I need a suggestion for a new coral. I'm wanting an lps or soft with some movement and the ability to handle strong direct lighting. I have Frogspawn, Torch, Kenya Tree, grogonian, and Elegance. But I have a rather large place near the top that is bare. I know the Hammer or Anchor are a...
  13. Good or Bad?

Good or Bad?

Flatworm?
  14. C

Question about fish diseases

The fish are in a 30 gal. Quarantine turned hospital tank running a Fluval 450 (carbon removed) They have a few plastic decorations to hide in no substrate. This was an estrablished tank before it became a hospital tank. the specific gravity = 1.025 PH = 8.3, everything tests perfectly...
  15. C

Question about fish diseases

I am 3 days into the 3rd week of treating my fish for ich. All the spots have been gone for some time now but the Blue Tang is still scratching. I have continued treatment past the recomended 14 days only because of the Tangs behavior. All fish are spotless their eyes are clear and I can see...
  16. C

Protein Skimmer

I bought one about 2 months ago very pleased with it.
  17. C

question about Marine Ich

I understand and appreciate your remarks and I also feel the same when one of my fish are sick. That being said I can also tell you that I have firsthand experience that sometimes letting nature take it's course is the best plan. I have read your articles and neither solution is viable in my...
  18. C

question about Marine Ich

I have a blue tang that appears to have ich. It is eating very well isn't doing the usual scratching associated with ich and the spots seem to come and go from day to day. Could this be anything other than ich? My other question is since the fish seems to be doing so well can I wait it out...