again with my kenya...

lemonpeel20

so i rescaped, if anyone has seen my nano chronicle...
7029df70.jpg

and everything went well, my kenya is moody so i moved him and although he would stay strait up, but his polyps wouldn't open
abebd02f.jpg

well, the next couple of days he didn't look any better, he started to bend at his trunk every once in a while..

this is where i put him now, thinking that's pretty much the height i had him at when he was happy.
7d0d8676.jpg

but now..
76c1709c.jpg

and i noticed this in a couple of small places
5876329b.jpg

Thanks for any info. I'm worried. cnfzd:

Blndbunny

I don't find them mundane! I wish I had the knowledge to help or e en suggest something.

If it helps I'm watching so I can learn.

CPL376

Start by putting it down lower in the tank they aren't a high light coral. Second when mine was acting like that I discovered that I had a fish picking at it. Not constantly just an occasional nip here and there. I removed the fish and within a couple of days it was open and happy again. Hope this helps.

WVUReefer

that looks like brown jelly disease...yet I have never seen it in soft corals..usually an lps diesease..but I guess anything is possible..watch closely to see if it spreeds..jelly disease moves very quickly in lps..

lemonpeel20

when i had him in the corner of the tank, that was pretty moderate flow (more on the low side) and he was at the bottom and that's when he took a turn.

lemonpeel20

so i sucked off the slime. made more of a u shaped with my rocks to impede some flow, and moved him where the brain was. he's not looking worst. but alas, when sucking off the slime, there seemed to be some polyp damage.:tears: i'll post some pics later. i feel like a failure.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Don't feel like a failure! I think some of these softies can at times melt for no good reason. Xenia is one example of doing that.

Corailline

Not brown jelly disease, just algae setting in.

I recommend giving it as much flow as you can and lower in the tank. Give it at least a week in an area of higher flow before you move it again.

lemonpeel20

so this is where i've placed him in the tank, he's getting moderate flow... stands for awhile then goes back to wilty...
681dd34c.jpg

you can see most of the damage in this picture...
8ac4c903.jpg

oh, and btw i hate hermits. worse part of my CUC..

Gavin1110

+1 on the hermits.

Also those kenya trees get very big very quickly and will irritate and impede LPS from my experience.