Search results

1. soily

ID please

Hi all Just noticed this little feller on the glass he's abou 10mm across any idea's Should he stay or go !!!!
  2. soily

Dancing shrimp

Hi all I recently added two dancing shrimp to my 130, Since then the heads of my duncan have been disappearing, does anyone think the shrimp are responsible or should i look for something else. Everything else is doing well although my leather mushroom is sulking at the moment which is not...
  3. soily

Yellow watchman goby eye problem

Hi I have a yellow watchman goby that i have had for around six months, overnight one of his eyes has swollen up and become red with white tissue hanging off it to a distance of a millimeter or so. I have trawled the web looking at pictures but can find no comparative images. The tank is...
  4. soily

Aquaray anyone?

Hi all Apart from Matt does anyone use aquaray's as their sole lighting. I'm seriously thinking of moving to these to light my tank as the PC's are becoming very expensive in the UK due to general price increases and VAT. Im looking at close to £60 a pop ( approx $97 ) every 9 months. I know...
  5. soily

Could someone give me ......

A diffinitive answer as to what colour temperature lights have to be for a general reef environment ????? Background: I may be coming into possesion of a new tank from my lfs, he has brand new 2'x2'x2' drilled 225l tank with weir on a brand new cabinet with a 60l sump and all the pipework...
  6. soily

Cheato

Hi all I'm thinking of adding cheato to my rsm by either the soap dish method or maybe the surface skimmer, but i was wondering just how much cheato is needed to make a positive impact on the tank. Will a small amount ie a soapdish full be enough ? My reason for thinking of this is...
  7. soily

Noisy tunze

Hi all, does anything run sweetly for more than 2 days in this hobby ?? My tunze 9002 has become noisy, i'm pretty sure its the pump as if i turn it off all is quite. So, do i need a tunze pump or will another fit ???? Thanks.
  8. soily

Anyone seen this before

Just posting this as a bit of a talking point, nothing to do with RSM particularly but really interesting, I found it on a UK forum and wondered what you guys thought !!! Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything - UltimateReef.com
  9. soily

Rockscape switch around

Hello everyone. As you may be aware I'm about to take a large colt coral from my aquarium due to it getting too big, but while I'm disturbing things i was thinking of re working my rockwork. The reason for this is that i basically have a pile in the center stood off the bottom on larger...
  10. soily

Coral live rock sale advice pls !!!!

Hi all All is well in Soily's RSM at the mo, in fact its going too well. My colt coral has almost doubled in size in the last year and is really taking over one corner of my tank. The thing is huge now and really beautiful but i need to get rid to free up space. So my problem is that its stuck...
  11. soily

well this is posh

Nice new look Happy 2011 everyone best wishes and happiness to all and i do mean all !!!!!
  12. soily

Leather mushroom spawning?

First sorry for the title, its all i can describe it as. My leather mushroom has developed a hole near the rim which is slowly extending and looks as though it will eventually release a small piece about 1.5" in diameter. Everything looks healthy so i dont think it is diseased. So my...
  13. soily

Lighting periods

Hi all Just wondering what you guys use as a lighting period. About 8 months ago i had a small algae problem and was advised to shorten my lighting period to 6 hours and since then i have never expanded it. Everything's ok and flourishing but i would like to enjoy the tank for longer...
  14. soily

Changed behavior

As some of you may have read i had a disaster a few days ago, i was on holiday and got a call to say my tank was cold and murky. I had had a power faliure for about 2 days, i came home and did what i could with the help of people on this forum and managed to save everything. BUT now my...
  15. soily

Help Needed Now !!!!!

Ok i went away on a short family break leaving my tank in the hands of my mum to check and feed. I just got a phone call 3 hours ago asking if the tank should be cold !!!!!! looks like i have had a power out for at least 3 days. I have driven home leaving the family on holiday to find...
  16. soily

CUC quarentine

I dont know wether you remember my posts but last year i got ich in my tank from ignorance and poor advice. I posted and followed lee's instructions and all is now fine almost 12 months ich free and a constantly running quarentine tank. So thanks again. My question ? Well i have had a few...
  17. soily

Help whats going on ??

Hi all So i fitted a phosphate reactor yesterday and today my phosphate has more than doubled, im sure thats wrong lol. I washed everything in ro water for 3 days then emptied my bag of rowaphos from my max into the reactor added some new rowaphos and set it going, went to bed got up...
  18. soily

bi colour dwarf angel

Do any of you keep a bi colour dwarf angel in you rsm 130. I have the chance of a free one from a mate but am concerned with feeding and the size. Thoughts please.
  19. soily

Cleaning

Hi all Can anyone suggest a method for cleaning a diy project. I have built a dual phospate carbon reactor ( Pics to follow for your comments) but i have had to do some drilling and turning in a lathe to get bits to fit, so i will have contaminated it with oil. I want a method to clean it...
  20. soily

Tube fittings

Hi i posted this in diy but got no replys. Has anyone used 1/2" push fit fittings for their pipework? the ones i am looking at seal with a rubber o ring and have no metal exposed to the inside of the pipe. any thoughts ???