Search results

1. soily

Good Bye

Lee, thank you!! I have not used this forum since I sold my RSM and upgraded, but I feel that that tank along with your patience and advice helped my stick with the hobby and more importantly do the best for the organisms in my care. I still refer to your stickies, my fish keeping bible...
  2. soily

ID please

Hey finally a good free thing !!!!!!!!!
  3. soily

ID please

Hi all Just noticed this little feller on the glass he's abou 10mm across any idea's Should he stay or go !!!!
  4. soily

Dancing shrimp

Thanks guys, i really messed up how do i go about catching them lol.
  5. soily

Dancing shrimp

To be fair Terry i should have done more research but as everyone has probably done at sometime or other you expect lfs to be honest.
  6. soily

Dancing shrimp

Yep those are the fellows, and yes the lfs sold them under a different name ie peppermint. I looked on google and thought the looked like dancing shrimp. Grrrrrrr i don't need this hassle why can't i trust the fish store oh sorry i forgot, i got what they want .......money.
  7. soily

Dancing shrimp

Yeah thats what i feared, the only other thing is swapping to seachem carbon but i cant see that being a problem.
  8. soily

Dancing shrimp

Hi all I recently added two dancing shrimp to my 130, Since then the heads of my duncan have been disappearing, does anyone think the shrimp are responsible or should i look for something else. Everything else is doing well although my leather mushroom is sulking at the moment which is not...
  9. soily

Salt bucket volume conversion.

Hi one liter of pure water weighs a kilo (or a pound of water is a pint and a quater in imperial), so the 25kg bucket should be close to 25 liters although there will be a difference as water is denser than salt. Also the formula for a cylinder is Pi x radius squared x height if you want to...
  10. soily

Replacement 130D light tubes??

Contact Arcadia, they are the official supplier of RSM tubes in the UK.
  11. soily

RO Units

I got a 4 stage one from a guy in Sheffield (collins water products), very good guy to deal with and supplied a tap and spare cartridges and DI media for £90. I have had to phone him twice and both times he's been friendly and helpful. The units are non branded as such but work very well.
  12. soily

Yellow watchman goby eye problem

Caught the fish. Hes very sluggish and subdued but ok hope i can save him
  13. soily

Ok Lee just tried to source maracyn two in the uk but it seems its banned/not available in the uk as its a controlled antibiotic, apparently i can import from the US if customs dont open the package or i can try a vet. Obviously i'll try a vet but in the event i get no joy do you know of...
  14. soily

Lee, hoped you would respond to this, thanks as always. Just to clarify do i need to worry about cross infection to other fish or just sort out the goby? As before i'll catch him eventually as i'm sure my brain is larger than his, ........ just!! Thanks Pete
  15. soily

Cheers Dave Thanks for the advice, i have a quarentine tank but catching the little fellow would be a real pain as he lives in a cave in a base rock and as hes off his food at the mo enticing him into a net or trap would be hard. Ill let it run for now and keep an eye on it. Have you any idea...
  16. soily

Hi I have a yellow watchman goby that i have had for around six months, overnight one of his eyes has swollen up and become red with white tissue hanging off it to a distance of a millimeter or so. I have trawled the web looking at pictures but can find no comparative images. The tank is...
  17. soily

Best pump replacements?

I replaced both mine with maxijet 900's , a little bit of diy needed but very quite now and 400l per hour more flow per pump. Ps these are in a 130 but they should fit a 250.
  18. soily

Aaron & Anna's RSM 130 Adventure

In response to your question about Kent marine salt Aaron, I am about halfway through a bucket because like you i got a good deal on it of £40 for 25kg's. I don't have that much experience with different salts but i wont bother with another bucket. My first salt was red sea pro which i found...
  19. soily

Aquaray anyone?

Thanks Aaron, i noticed you started with three and then added a fourth was this just for looks or did the tank require the extra one also do you use controllers to dim them or do you have them set up either on or off on a timer? Lastly my lfs guy says they help keeping algae down as the...
  20. soily

Trick to catch fish in a RSM 130D !

I caught a dottyback using a tiny barbless hook and line with a bit of prawn on it. worked a treat !!!!