Search results

1. M

RSM 250 LED lighting

wrong topic sorry delete
  2. M

T5 Led's

do these give the same or better result than normal T5s with less power consumption? Would be a cheaper option than a full retrofit maybe
  3. M

T5 Led's

Will this work? Replace stock lighting in RSM250 with T5 led tube? Would the ballast need to be removed? What am I not seeing here... Check this link: Aqua Nova
  4. M

Your rsm250 set up (filter, media etc choices and mods)

no? everyone pretty much has removed the black sponges and using a bag of CPE?
  5. M

anyone else with any tips on what they have found that works? (with standard set up rather than adding sumps, fuge etc)
  6. M

Thought this might be helpful (couldn't find a previous thread, but I could have missed it...) What are your filter/media etc set ups in your RSM250??? eg replacement of black sponges, using live rock, substrate etc in the chambers at the rear. Might be helpful!! thanks
  7. M

Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

perfect!
  8. M

Post your RSM 250 Mods Here!

Hey all I want to remove the stock skimmer and replace it - I do however, want to be able to fit it inside the chamber rather than have something hanging outside the tank. Can someone recommend a skimmer that will work and fit Thanks!!!
  9. M

Mitch's RSM250 - Started 02/03/2010

Thanks for your comments. Yeah I was going for a more natural (as possible) rock look. More coral coming this week so more pics on their way (and I'll use a proper camera!) and also try get a few of my shrimps oh and with the dead heads on the coral, what would you suggest I do? I've been...
  10. M

WELL!! It's been a while...had a few issues, particularly with algae wow... just getting it under control now. Probably a good reason why I haven't put in much coral etc yet. Have a look at these pics. There's a lot of stuff in here I haven't taken a pic of but I will try to in the next few...
  11. M

RSM250 - Your Vortech MP40w setting

Perhaps people would like to post what their favourite/recommended settings and placements are for a Voretch MP40w in their 250s. People's comments, observations, experiences with too much flow, not enough flow, wave type etc and reactions on corals/fish etc etc (appologies if this is...
  12. M

Tang being territorial

I found that adding two new tangs together at one time made my yellow tang too distracted - didn't know who to annoy so he went about his own business.. something to think about for anyone adding tangs perhaps
  13. M

Yellow tang general questions

My yellow tang is nuts... he eats anything and everything... slow sinking pellets, frozen products, algae off glass/rocks/substrates... he does work up an appetite though - I don't think I've ever seen him still haha. He's sometimes territorial but gets over it quickly
  14. M

tank suggestions

Tank size - 100 litres max (without rock/substrate etc) question is - what should I put it in it? I have another set up with coral/fish etc so I will be maintaining coral in there and am happy not to have any coral in this little set up. I'm wanting something different other than just...
  15. M

New RSM 250 water gate wont stay up?

ive always kept it all the way down... sounds like im missing something here too
  16. M

Installed my new chiller

I've used a nice strong zip tie around the piping and barb...just a little cheap, simple method for extra security
  17. M

keep checking in ppl
  18. M

want pics anyone? :)
  19. M

How hot does your RSM 250 get with sicce pump

My chiller works pretty hard at the moment keeping my 250 between 26-27 degC. Always at the higher end of the temp 26.5+ So I can only imagine that it would get a lot higher than 27 degC. It reaches this temp very easily so I would estimate an additional two degress on top as a minimum
  20. M

Opinions? : RIO Polario

RIO Polario 15ML Any one had any experiences with of late?