Search results

1. D

Dave's RSM 500

Well i thought i better start a new thread as a run up to the new RSM S Series 500 being delivered. Delivery is likely to be w/c 7th November. Preparation so far.... 1) Enrolled a friend to help set up on delivery day - both the moving of the old tank and the setting up of the new. He...
  2. D

Free RSM 130D - Manchester UK

Well i have ordered my new RSM S Series tank and I now don't have room for the 130D so i sadly need to let it go. I would like to take this opportunity to give it away for free to a good home or charity. I have looked after it well for 2 years and would like it to go to someone who would also...
  3. D

InTank Media Rack - New UK Suppliers

For us UK based people, there is now a UK stockist for the InTank media rack. This now cuts out the hassle and expense of overseas postage and import tax making it easier and cheaper to obtain. Here is the link: Charterhouse Aquatics: InTank Media Baskets
  4. D

Simple Media Mod

In an effort to keep water levels up in the rear of my RSM 130D, i tried the following as an experiment and it works a treat. I added a bag of SeaChem carbon in a media bag by cable tie to the surface skimmer. The media bag was pulled in tight and hooked onto one of the teeth of the skimmer to...
  5. D

Refractometer Calibration

How do folks calibrate theirs? I do have some calibration fluid that i got from Stevie T when i ordered my media basket, but can't for the life in my remember what the instructions were on using this fluid. When using the fluid It was something like it should be calibrated to read 1.027. But i...
  6. D

Free InTank Media Rack & Collection Cup (UK only)

I have recently ordered the new InTank media rack and skimmer collection cup. So.... If anyone in the UK is looking for a StevieT media rack and square collection cup then you can happily have my old one for free (when my new one arrives) if you are prepared to pay the postage costs.
  7. D

Alternative Skimmer for 130D

Just wondering, i know that most people, if they replace their stock skimmer, opt for the Tunze 9002. Does anyone use a different brand of replacement skimmer that fits inside the 130D without protruding from the hood or needing modifications ?
  8. D

130D Pumps

I just had a thought... I have 1 x MaxiJet 1200 pump with a Hydro flow attached, and one stock pump with the stock nozzle attached. Is it a good idea to get a second maxijet 1200 and put a Hydro Flow on it or will the flow overall be too high? Also would it affect the water levels in the...
  9. D

Narcissus Snail Eggs ?

Last night a couple of my sand shifting snails were on the glass for hours, this morning i notices zig zag marks where they had been. Looking closely the zig zag pattern seems to be made up of thousands of tiny little egg shapes. Have they laid eggs on the glass? If so what can i expect next...
  10. D

Critter ID Please

Can anyone tell me what this is? I have 2 of them poking out from between rocks. It looks like some kind of tiny starfish. It is bang in the middle of the photo with little black and white striped tentacles. Is it bad? :rollingey
  11. D

My RSM 130D - New Pics

Just thought i would post some updated pics. Tank is now 4 months old.
  12. D

RSM 130D Pump Question

I have a RSM 103D and this may sound a silly question, but in order to increase the flow, is it possible to replace one of the stock 130D pumps with a RSM 250 pump as i assume this has a greater power flow. Would it fit in the 130D pump space or is it too big? I personally don't want...
  13. D

130D Latest Pics

Well my 130D has been up and running for 3 months now so i thought i would post some updated pics. The pic quality isn't fantastic (phone camera) but it will give you all an idea. I have re-done the aquascaping. I was up until 3am one night trying to get it right, you know how it is ! I...
  14. D

Tunze 9002 Skimmer For Sale (UK)

I have a duplicate Tunze 9002 Nano skimmer so looking to sell this second unit. Still in the box unopened. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks..
  15. D

Tunze 9002 Skimmer For Sale

Brand new, in the box, never opened. Let me know if you are interested.
  16. D

David's RSM 130D

I have recently upgraded my old fish only marine aquarium to the RSM as i wanted to have a go at keeping a reef tank. I decided upon the 130D after reading all the posts on here. I fancied the 250 but it was just too big for my lounge, and also expensive. The 130D fits nicely into the room and...