Search results

1. Shamus

Problem with leds

Mike at Rapid told me that this can happen - I don't have this issue but he said it is a problem that they are aware of but don't have a solution to. What about putting the driver on a timer too and having it turn off a few minutes after lights out and a few minutes before lights on?
  2. Shamus

ecotech pumps help

+1 to everything Tom said.
  3. Shamus

ecotech pumps help

What are the lights doing? If they are flashing then there probably was an alignment issue. If there is debris, you'll need to take the wet side out and clean it well and make sure the prop spins freely. You may need to unplug and replug to start it up again.
  4. Shamus

Dweezil's RSM 130D

Happy birthday!!
  5. Shamus

Jimmy's 130D Setup

Jimmy - sorry to hear about the crash! Sounds like you're trying to get things under control - I guess just keep monitoring and testing just in case you have continuous die-off on the rocks. Maybe seeding with some good bacteria (piece of live rock or bottled) to help seed just in case you had...
  6. Shamus

David's RSM 130D

As always - no algae stands a chance in your tank!
  7. Shamus

David's RSM 130D

Great pics! Tank looks great!
  8. Shamus

Aaron & Anna's RSM 130 Adventure

Great addition - nice looking fish!
  9. Shamus

New office ocean... 54 Gallon corner tank.

Wow! That's one cool setup - love the lionfish and mantis!
  10. Shamus

"Shamus' RSM130D Tank Thread"

Thanks Tom, and no problem Glenn!
  11. Shamus

Tom's 200g DD

Tagging along! Looks great so far! Can't wait til it's wet in November!
  12. Shamus

Not at all Glenn. This is a rough estimate, as I'm sure I'm missing something. I bought the 24 x 3W LED system from RapidLED for $195, 4.25 x 16 heatsink for $25, dimmable controller for $59, moonlights for $19, another driver for $40 (due to my own screwup), and random accessories (wiring...
  13. Shamus

Thanks Terry, Cat, and Glenn! Cat - the drivers are dimmable but don't have sunrise/sunset built in. I got a dimmable controller from RapidLED (the DDC-01) that has three daylight programs built in. The daylight programs ramp up and ramp down intensity at the beginning and end of the light...
  14. Shamus

New moonlights:
  15. Shamus

Thanks Tammy! Definitely not 'mad DIY skills' just good at muddling through :)
  16. Shamus

Mischko's 130D Reef Tank

Nice addition! Love the Scolys too!
  17. Shamus

Thanks Glenn! And thanks for the tip - I was trying to do it from my iPhone and the IMG paste gave me a ? that didn't go anywhere. Maybe it would be different from my Mac?
  18. Shamus

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Great pic Glenn! Love the one of the starry blenny too!
  19. Shamus

Not sure how to imbed the video from photobucket so I had to paste the URL.
  20. Shamus

Well, they're in! Boy, getting them in the hood wasn't as easy as I had hoped (drivers are pretty big and there was a decent amount of wire) but it finally worked out. I have them on 50% intensity right now to get the corals and fish adjusted and I'll boost those up over the coming weeks. The...