Search results

1. K

Anyone sell zoa frags?

That are near the manteca/stockton area? I cant afford to buy from websites because it seems the zoas are expensive by themselves but on top of that the shipping kills me :/ with a wife and 4 kids i just cant afford it and the LFS's dont have more than 2 kids that I already have ...
  2. K

Clown fish and duncan

Clown seem to swim around and maybe trying to host my Duncan. It doesn't fully extend anymore :/ All levels are fine. Anyone else with this issue? Any recommendations?
  3. K

Buying live rock online?

What stores do you guys use? If any. Also do they do man made and live rock? Its for a 14 gallon biocube so I dont need a huge amount
  4. K

Starting my biocube 14 up

Ok all so I got my LED kit in the hood now. (6 blue, 6 white for now will see how it works later) Got my bulkreefsupply 5 stage RO/DI system set up on the kitchen counter next to my biocube and its filling as we speak. Salt/Sand and a few pieces of live rock coming on payday (friday) will...
  5. K

RO/DI unit

Looking for a RO/DI unit that is apartment friendly (no permanent modifications to any of the plumbing). Something I can attach to the faucet without taking anything major apart. Its only for a 14 gallon biocube so something with slower flow is ok. I was thinking 30 gallons per day or so...
  6. K

Biocube 14

Show me your biocube 14 hoods if your running LED lighting. Im trying to wire mine up and I need some ideas. Specifically how you guys did the moon LED lighting. Are you using a driver/ac power adapter or did you wire them straight to the LEDs? and how did you guys set up your potentiometers...
  7. K

Biocube 14 LED upgrade

8. K

Tanakas pygmy wrasse

Anyone have any experience with these fish? Gonna be setting up either a 29 biocube or a 20 long. Havent decided just yet. What I want to do is build a reef tank around this particular fish. I've read that it has a tendency to jump, which might not go well with a 20 L tank. But other than that...
  9. K

Biocube 14 question

Ok so finally setting up my 14 gallon biocube after having it sit for 6 months. So LED lighting is in the mail. Maybe another week or so. 24 LED (12 white 12 blue) My questions are: 1. Best in back skimmer for sump area with hood on, no air stones! 2. Refugium or media tray or...
  10. K

BioCube 14 LED lights

Looking at buying these for my setup I'm making. Anyone suggest one that I should get that are reliable and relatively cheap. Its for a BC14 I was thinking 24 LED's 12 white/12 blue. How hard is it to assemble? The tank isn't running at this point but will be shortly. So I'm thinking of other...
  11. K

Nano chiller

Setting up a 14g biocube. I want my water temp at 78 degrees. It is for a reef tank. Should I get a 1/15 or a 1/10 hp chiller? What brand do you guys recommend? I will be having a 150watt HQI lighting. Ideas? Recommendations?
  12. K

Seting up a 14 gallon biocube

Hi all. Been a while since I posted. I'm redoing my 14g biocube. Stock: Fish & Clean Up Crew Going to reef with 1 or 2 (possibly a 6 line wrasse and 1 other) small fish and a cleaner shrimp. Clean up crew is going to be 5 or 6 nassarite/nerite snails (spelling) and maybe 1 or 2 hermit...
  13. K

Question about nano substrate

How is that you keep the sand and live rock so clean and free of algae? Even with a clean up crew and water with levels that are great normally you still have some kind of algae. How is that they always seem so clean? Im curious cause my 29 with only 2 fish always has some kind of algae
  14. K

questions about Dkh

Ok I have a few questions about my Dkh levels. Its a 30 gallon reef tank, with a 10 gallon sump and a fluval 305 canister filter as well that I use for detritus collection (obviously) carbon, chem pure, phosphate remover. In the 10 gallon sump I have a Coralife super skimmer 65 thats working...
  15. K

Couple questions about my tank

My first question is regarding my coralife super skimmer 65. For some reason it keeps over flowing :/ Ive adjust it to keep the bubbles only .75 in up the bottom of the skimmer cup. Any suggestions? My second question is regarding my new sump that I just made. For some reason the water in my...
  16. K

Question about a sump

I got a 29 gallon reef tank with 2 fish. 1 blue spot watchman goby ( i believe) and 1 dwarf falco hawkfish. Im trying to add a 10 gallon sump to it. I am on a budget. (just had a newborn on aug 30th) and im tryin to figure out exactly what i need and the cheapest way to get this done. it is on a...
  17. K

ok so i got 2 baby mantis shrimp

i bought some live rock for my 14 gallon biocube and i found 2 baby mantis shrimp in there. on accident. they are about 3/8-1/2 inch in size and they are brown. is there anyway to really identify what kind of mantis shrimp they are? im going to keep them as i have been wanting some anyway. i...
  18. K

just got a 14 gallon biocube

title says it :) so far everything is stock. gonna try the bio balls for a few months and see how it goes. might just turn it into a fuge. not too sure yet. so far its stock. added 20 pounds live sand so far, and about 8 pounds of crushed coral argonite. getting live rock in about 2 weeks. ass...
  19. K

having probs with my tank :/

got a 29 gallon long, with 20 pounds live sand, 15 pounds argonnite crushed coral, 20 pounds live rock. just upgraded my skimmer to a seaclone 100 i believe it is, rated up to 100gallons, just upgraded filter too. about 3 weeks ago to a fluval 305 canister filter. got 24 inch T5 dual tube...
  20. K

Hi all new here!

title says it all. not too experienced in the whole SW/Reef hobby. but im trying :P im sure i will learn plenty from you all. and thats why im here :) friends, learning and more learning :) so hi all! Im from manteca, california i curently have 1 29 gallon tank and working on settin up a 10...