Search results

1. G

How to take good pictures of corals that show colors.

I can't figure out how to show the color of my corals in pictures. they always come out looking dull. Please help. Its hard to frag corals and sell them if people can't see the beauty of the coral. THanks.
  2. G

Need help upgrading to a 75 from a 33

How would i upgrade to a 75 from a 33 long? the 75 will be in the same tank as the 33 long. should i add the water from the 33 to the 75 and just add more saltwater? will this make my parameters freak out? i thought about setting up the 75 in another spot and letting it cycle and putting all the...
  3. G

Need Help Asap. Fish Hurting Another Fish

I have a small false percula clownfish and I picked up a small maroon clown today. The false percula clown is a bruit. He will attack your hand if it is in the tank and he attacked the maroon clown. Can the false percula live with a maroon clown and my fish is just evil or can they not live...
  4. G

Please Help Loose Clove Polyps How to connet them to a rock or plug

I just bought some clove polyps and i need to know how to glue/exopy them to a rock or plug. they are loose but all connected to eachother. how would i glue them with out hurting the coral. thanks.
  5. G

Need HelpUnidenified Starfish In Reef Tank What does it eat

I bought some rocks and coral from a guy two weeks ago and i have found an unidenifible star fish. It is only about 1/4 of an inch and is moving around a lot. here is a picture. any one know if it is reef safe? thanks.
  6. G

Wanting to set up a frag tank. Help please

I have a 33 long that has some amazing corals in it (atleast I think they are amazing) I have a frogspawn, a flowerpot, lots of different zoos, a rock about a foot long and 6 inches wide covered in green star polyp, 3 frags of a tree polyp and some other corals here and there. I am wanting to...
  7. G

Is my coco worm sick? WITH PICTURE

My coco worm was doing fine but now he looks like all his feathers are curled up . will post pic
  8. G

Crushed coral is turning green. what can i get to clean it.

I have hermit crabs, some small snails, a turbo snail and an emerld green crab and my crushed corals are still turning green. what can i get to fix this?
  9. G

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!! Clownfish with buldging eye.

UDATE PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!! Clownfish with buldging eye. I have a picasso clownfish that i have had for 5 days. He was doing fine until today. I noticed one of his eyes are buldged. It isn't that far and you can't tell it in a picture. It is only one of them. Could this be eye pop or trauma to...
  10. G

[B]URGENT Help,Clownfish keeping one fin to his side and underneath fin tucked up[/B]

I just bought home a clownfish and now he is favoring one fin he will use it occasinaly but mostly keeps it tucked by his side. And his underneath fin(don't know what it is called) is tucked up and he won't use it at all but he is swimming just fine and ate.
  11. G

Please help me build a refugium

I have a 10 gallon tank and my pet store told me to put a hang on plastic/arcylic container on the side and use that as my refugium since my tank is so small. I need help with where to either find the pump to pump the water in and back into the tank or how to make one. any help is apprechiated...
  12. G

should i take 6 gallons from my 10 and put in 40 to replace with already ready water

I have a 10 gallon as I have already posted. I have not yet put the refugium on and my water tested normal except my calcium is a little low. the hermit crabs and snails are doing good. I was supposed to get some damsels today but the order didn't come in. So Here I am waiting again. My...
  13. G

Calcium is a little low. About 100 too low

How can i boost the calcium in my aquarium. I just got it tested for the first time b/c I don't have any corals in the new tank yet and wanted to make sure. What can i do to boost calcium?
  14. G

New To Saltwater but My tank is thriving

I have set up a 10 gallon and a 40 gallon salt water tank and right now only have live rock, hermit crabs, snails, and some polyp spores in my tank. I have ordered 3 picasso clown fish from a really awesome breeder. Her website is donisreef.com if you have been looking for one and they are just...
  15. G

Hermit crabs killed my Polyp??? Why???

I had a polyp that had not attached to anything yet and I just put some hermit crabs in the tank. They were picking things off of the polyp but they i noticed the polyp began to shrivel it shriveled to half of its size and got soft. I don't know what would make them kill my polyp and I am really...