Search results

1. P

Is that a friend or foe?

Thanks for the help guys! :)
  2. P

Is that a friend or foe?

That's good news! Thanks! Anything I should do to take care of it?
  3. P

Is that a friend or foe?

Hey! The green thing in the middle, is that Aiptasia?
  4. P

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Thank you!
  5. P

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Hey SM, I can't seem to find these bulbs anymore: Shop by Shape | 1000Bulbs.com Can you recommend another bulb for me? Thanks
  6. P

Can I go without a protein skimmer

There's a bunch of people who don't use a skimmer. I think a lot of them use an algae scrubber instead. I couldn't stand the noise of my skimmer and tried a couple of them before switching to a scrubber. It's still noisy but not as bad. You could always unplug the skimmer and see how it goes...
  7. P

Hosting anemone

I have 3 ocellaris clowns and they host in my LTA, RBTA and my torch coral. Took them about a month before they hosted. I wonder if tank raised clowns take a lot longer to figure things out.
  8. P

Recomendations on aclimating a RBTA?

I've successfully used the turkey baster method on my two RBTAs and one GBTA. I purchased them from the lfs.
  9. P

Green Chromis dying off

I guess that's possible. I haven't heard any clicks or snaps.
  10. P

Green Chromis dying off

Yup that's the fish. Chromis viridis - Green Chromis I have a lid on my display so it would be very difficult for them to jump out. I do have a cat so if they did manage to escape... My watchman managed to ride the overflow into the sump once but I haven't seen any Chromis down there.
  11. P

Green Chromis dying off

They all seemed healthy. They were there looking fine in the evening and gone without a trace in the morning. I have a couple of Ocellaris clowns, a yellow watchman and a blue tang. I also have a BTA and a LTA. Everyone seems to get a long fine when I'm watching them...
  12. P

Green Chromis dying off

I seem to have terrible luck with Green Chromis. I originally bought 5 and over the weeks they died off until only 1 was left. They all disappeared without a trace. They all seemed healthy and were eating before they disappeared. My water params were fine. Anyways months passed and I...
  13. P

breading snail

They breed no problem if you have a hair algae problem. Lots of room to hide from the fish.
  14. P

cleaning the sump

I originally tried one but switched to a wet shop vac because my sump is lower than my washroom sink and it wouldn't get good suction.
  15. P

cleaning the sump

Get one that holds more water than you plan on taking out. I own a small model and have to empty it three times during a cleaning. It also sprays saltwater after emptying it the thing.
  16. P

BTA splitting or sick?

It's mouth seems to be stretching. Does that mean it will split soon? Or is it starting to get sick? The rest of the anemone looks healthy. It's all bubbled up and has been eating well. I'll try to get a photo of the mouth. Right now the tentacles are in the way.
  17. P

New Sump --Drill or use overflow?

The villagers chanted, "Make sure you don't have tempered glass on the bottom!" :D
  18. P

+1 for glass-holes.com
  19. P

Personally I would drill the tank. I have a 90g that I used an external overflow on it and found it to be a huge pain. If you ever have algae problems, you'll be cleaning that thing non stop. They are a huge pain to clean too. I started without sump like you and decided to take the "easy"...