Search results

1. iveka

Clownfish color fading and seems to have bulging eyes

I have my very first saltwater tank (not the one in my signature) still up and running that has been housing 2 clownfish for almost 8 years. I recently changed the lighting on the tank and it seemed to coincide with one of the clowns color fading and it seems bloated all over. The tank is a 12...
  2. iveka

Green vine that has fern-like leaves

I'll try and get a picture this weekend. In the past month a growth of green fern-looking leaves have started growing on one f my rocks. It is kind of a vine and spreads to a couple other rocks. It's actually nice looking. Anyone know what this is?
  3. iveka

Mounting a frag

I recently purchased a nice purple and pink riccordia frag and have moved the frag plug around the tank a bit until it seems to have found a light/flow area it likes. Now the frag plug is just wedged in the rock and looks kind of ugly. If i get the colored reef epoxy, it may look ok if I cover...
  4. iveka

I've done everything wrong for 4 years ...

I recently got a 34 gallon Red Sea Max and have done the proper research for setting up and stocking this tank. You can see my sig to see what I have in that one. That info will help with my question. Prior to that, I had set up a 12 gallon tank with 2 clown fish and a Spotted Hawkfish (Falco...
  5. iveka

My brain is shrinking!

I picked up this piece when I got my bubble tip anemone because it was attached to it and the guy at the LFS was not to gentle when starting to try and separate the two. So I said just give me both. Well the BTA found a new perch, but the brain seems to be receding. There is some algae I can't...
  6. iveka

Bubbble Tip near my starry mushroom

My new BTA found a spot in the rocks just above where I had placed my starry mushrooms. Does the BTA pose any threat to the mushrooms or vice versa? Should I move the shrooms to a clear area? Thanks!
  7. iveka

Hello all

Just wanted to drop in and say HI. I have been reading the forums for a while for info on the Red Sea Max that I recently acquired in a trade for some web design I did for a local pet store. I've learned a lot and have has a successful tank going since February 1, 2009. I'll post pics when I get...