Clownfish color fading and seems to have bulging eyes

iveka

I have my very first saltwater tank (not the one in my signature) still up and running that has been housing 2 clownfish for almost 8 years. I recently changed the lighting on the tank and it seemed to coincide with one of the clowns color fading and it seems bloated all over. The tank is a 12 gallon tank and those are the only two inhabitants. I will test the water today and post my parameters and the info on the new light. But if anyone has an ideas on this, please post. I'm hoping that it is just a sign of age and not something that I did.

Thanks

saltysue

I just noticed its been awhile, have you fixed this fishes issues ? (i couldnt respond earlier since i just joined yesterday). If not :Different light spectrums make your fish appear lighter or darker etc. take one of the old lights you had on there and put it back on to see if the color changes back to the vivid darker color you remember from before. I believe your "bulging eye" is a disease called "pop eye". If i remeber right its a bacterial infection and can be treated with several medicaitons and water changes. I have used the melafix for freshwater for 25 yrs and loved it for its anti bacterial and anti fungal properties . They have a marine melafix now. It says safe for reefs but noticed that my anemones freaked out, going soft deflated with gaping mouths as soon as the melafix hits the water, they revert back as soon as you remove them to a tank with no melafix. I have used the melafix marine and it worked good but i did remove the anemone to a different tank. Follow directions, increase airflow, and remove anemones, i personally use a bit less than the recommended dose for safety reasons just in case... Hope that helps.