Green vine that has fern-like leaves

iveka

I'll try and get a picture this weekend. In the past month a growth of green fern-looking leaves have started growing on one f my rocks. It is kind of a vine and spreads to a couple other rocks. It's actually nice looking. Anyone know what this is?

iveka

That's what it is. Should I just yank all that I can get out of there off the rocks or is there a better way to get rid of it?

josh010

You could boil your live rock.... that will kill it along with everything else on the rock. or just the opposite and freeze it again killing everything else.

once its all tangled in the live rock, its pretty hard to manual remove it all.... believe me i know.

iveka

You could boil your live rock.... that will kill it along with everything else on the rock. or just the opposite and freeze it again killing everything else.

once its all tangled in the live rock, its pretty hard to manual remove it all.... believe me i know.

Well, it's not ugly, so I'll just do my best to keep it under control.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yeah, just keep hacking at it if it does not bother you to have it in the tank. If it is proliferative it 's roots are gong to be within the rock itself. The only way to control it then would be the addition of maybe fish that will eat it.
Pictures for a proper ID would be good also :thumbup: