Search results

1. M

Pictures with blue lights

I have the Kessil A150, it brings out so much beauty in my corals. I just took some pictures to show people that want to buy locally, and they are not looking to well. Is it the blue light that is making the pictures bad or is it me?
  2. M

Very confused right now

I had a chromis die this morning, wasn't really surprised at that at all. But then I look in my tank and I saw what I thought to be ich is. I just got home from school and the color of the scales are fading on my other two chromis, one is hiding under a cave and the other is just swimming...
  3. M

It's good to be back

It's been about 4 years since I've been on this website. I had my first reef tank in a 30 gallon nano cube. I loved it so much, I had to take it down for personal reasons. After that I stepped out of the hobby for the remainder of the time, but I kept up to date with some knowledge and stuff...
  4. M

Porcelain Crab

Does anybody use them, and if so can you tell me how they act in the tank. I'm really debating on getting some.
  5. M

Fragging a Monti Cap

Are there any websites to show how one would go about doing this. My friend has a big one and we are going to frag it.
  6. M

Cleanup crew question

When is the best time to get a cleanup crew going, it's been three years since I've been on this forum too. I'm a little rusty with reef keeping also.
  7. M

Firefish question

Are they none to hide a lot. I recently got on today and it's spending all day hiding. Just wondering if it's normal.
  8. M

Coming Back

It's been about a year since I left this hobby (mom passed away and threw everything out). But I got the itch again. And I am coming back to it guys :D
  9. M

Happy Thursday To Me

I just purchased my first SPS for my new tank. A small stylophora. Purple in color. Lights are off I will get pictures for you guys tomorrow.
  10. M

Cloudy Tank

Well is there anyway to speed this up to make it uncloudy. I added fine aragonite sand a few days ago and it still is very cloudy is there a fast way to make it clear?
  11. M

Overflow strainer making to much noise

Does anyone have any ideas on how to silence this thing.
  12. M

Questions about BSJF

How deep should my sand bed be and what kind of particles. What kind of food for it to.
  13. M

Glue

What would be the best thing to use to glue acrylic to glass for my DIY sump?
  14. M

Bulkheads

Does it matter which way you put them on. Because I think I might have put mine on the wrong way >.<
  15. M

Water Pumps

Im having a hard time deciding what pump I should use to return water back to the tank. Im using a 30 gallon DT with a 10 gallon sump. What is the GPH i should use I was thinking 400gph. What do you think
  16. M

DIY pvc overflow

Well i just made one yesterday let the silicone glue set and tested it today. It works :D now my question is would i be safe with the silicone glue or should i use pvc glue. this is for a 30 gallon tank with a 300gph water pump
  17. M

Morgan's new (old tank)

Well i have made the decision to start a tank chronicle and wanted to let you guys in on my "adventure" if you want to call it that. I think some of you know that i do have a reef tank that has been up for a year now. Well im going to be moving it to a bigger deeper tank. My 14g set up will be...
  18. M

Another quick question

I have this nuisance fish in my tank and I want it gone but everytime i try and net it of course it hides in my rocks. I could take all my rocks out but i really dont want to do that again >.< if i have to I will but thats a last resort. Anyone have any suggestions.
  19. M

Really need opinions on this one

Ok so i went to my LFS today and I saw a red and green lobo with about 8 heads, then I saw an acan frag with 6 heads and then i saw this open brain about a neon green with a tint of white kind of. Now brings me to the question I cannot decide which one :( the lobo with 8 heads is 45 the acan...
  20. M

Urchin Opinions

Well once again im thinking of getting something exotic in my tank. This time i was thinking of an Urchin. Could you guys chime in on some of the benefits and disadvantages of these creatures? And some of your own experiences with urchins?