Search results

1. J

Prep for heading out of town...

Ok, heading out later today or first thing in the morning. Going to feed just before we leave, top off, cover the back panel where the skimmer sticks up with a towel, reduce the lighting period (from 8 hours to what?). Should I run the skimmer? It get skitso on me sometimes and I am little...
  2. J

RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

You run one pump in the bottom location? This one only has one pump. No matter what I do, the water level comes half way up the skimmer cup and constantly overflows...even with the filter sock it's a microbubble factory. Very frustrating. I have it lifted in my tank about 3.5 inches and still...
  3. J

Thanks...I don't have an ATO, unless you count me :) Luckily the evap is pretty minimal. I run it at 78 degrees and I top off every couple of days. Good idea on reduced lighting...should I lower the skimmer cup all the way too?
  4. J

Hi everyone...I am heading out of town for 3-4 days this week and no one will be available to keep an eye on the tank. Is there anything I should do to prepare in advance? Thanks... JKT
  5. J

Mine has been running about 5 weeks now...giving me major grief too. Cannot run the filter sock at all.
  6. J

I have this skimmer and am having major issues... First, the filter sock overflows the skimmer cup, even with the valve completely open. Without the sock, it looks like snow in my tank. The only thing I can think of is to raise the skimmer up, but I don't know how to do that....
  7. J

Tunze 9002

This is the same one I keep pulling up, but cannot tell if it will fit inside the skimmer.
  8. J

Tunze 9002

The pump died in the skimmer. I'm not finding any replacement pumps...does anyone know if they make them? I see the recirculation pump, but that's not the same thing. Thanks!!
  9. J

How long do you leave the shrimp in?

Like everyone has said, leave it in until it disentegrates...I would put it in a mesh bag too so you don't have pieces of it floating everywhere. Also check out Dr. Tim's Nitryfying Bacteria to jump start the cycle with the good bacteria needed.
  10. J

Tank upgrade?

Narrowed it down to three... Oceanic - reputation Deltec - cool all in one systems. Elos - design What say you?
  11. J

Cyano bloom

No it started showing up Friday. I already planned an 8g wc for Saturday. I cleaned it out added new water and cyano was still there. Replaced filtration then headed back to store for more water and cheato. When I got back the cyano was gone.
  12. J

Cyano bloom

I ran the lights for an hour yesterday, have read some posts about cutting back to maybe 4 hours a day, but I think I'm going to run light out another couple days...this morning I see no signs of it. It was there after I cleaned and scrubbed, was gone a couple hours and when I got home it was...
  13. J

Cyano bloom

I assume cyano making an appearance and then disappearing as fast as it showed up isn't normal?
  14. J

Cyano bloom

Thanks everyone. After doing all I stated it seems to be gone. It was there looking all nasty. I run to store for more saltwater, gone almost 2 hours and when I got back, poof, barely anything of it remains.
  15. J

Cyano bloom

What do you do when fish won't eat? Or are they eating and I don't see it? Can they go a week with no food?
  16. J

Cyano bloom

Replacement RSM bulbs. I'm not sure if other brands will fit...?
  17. J

Cyano bloom

Ordered new bulbs. The ones now were ordered 3 months ago but better to play it safe.
  18. J

Cyano bloom

Yes I have t5's stock RSM lights. I do not have a sump or refugium. Still waiting on the skimmer since the Tunze died.
  19. J

Cyano bloom

I will feed less, I was concerned because I have not seen the clown gobys eat since they went in last Saturday. I have the cheato in the skimmer cup. And it does not restrict flow.
  20. J

Cyano bloom

Seemingly over night...this morning, BOOM, there it is. I went to LFS for 8 gallons of salt for my 34g RSM, I have been doing about 25% water change a week for the past 3 weeks so I was already planning on this. Turkey bastered the rocks to get the funk suspended in the water column, vacuumed...