Search results

1. J

130D bulbs - better?

Are the 130D bulbs appreciably better than the one with the original RSM? I wondered if it's worth upgrading..
  2. J

Deltec MC 500 in RSM

Hi Guys, Would have liked to get hold of the Euroreef skimmer for my RSM but including import costs it would seem it will cost me around £250. So I have been looking at possiblealternatives. The Tunze 9002 is not enough of an improvement so have looked at the MC 500, I ahve read posts by...
  3. J

Vodka Dosing in my RSM

Hi, Want to try this as have a problem with Cyano that just won't go away.. Have a fews sps as well so shoudl be of benefit to them too.. Does nayone know the dosing I should be doing, how may mls per day? :olsmile:
  4. J

Sudden microbubbles from skimmer

Hey everyone, I have been using my Max for about 3 months (upgraded from a Nanocube) and eventually managed to get the standard skimmer to work fairly well, it skimmed ok but there were a few microbubbles but it was fairly acceptable. Today I was just sticking in some corals on with putty and...
  5. J

RSM calcium reactor

Guys, Need a bit of advice, I started dosing KH,MG and Calcium jsut beofre I moved to the RSM in my old 24G as tests showed all were lacking but things went a bit pear shaped and my torch coral ended up melting!! So now in the RSM I do a roughly 20% every week to try to keep up the levels...
  6. J

Yes, more skimmer questions..

Hi, I thought I was over obsessing about my tanks with RSM, seeing as it is so well designed I did not think I would have the same issues as my D+D. And ideed on the whole I'm very happy but I am just discovering the joys of the skimmer.. I have seen pretty much all the mods that are possible...
  7. J

RSM upgrade from 24G Nanocube

Hi, Pics in Gallery. Got my RSM a few days ago... not much of a step up in terms of size but I was keen to change so: - I could get rid of the odd raised sump I had on my old cube - Fit a proper skimmer or hopefully get the RSM one to work..it's certainly big enough.. the old TMC V2 on...