Search results

1. sh8wn9

29gallon BIOCUBE FOR SALE!!!!!! EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE!!!!

Im moving in the summer, and will not be able to tank my tank with me. Unfortunately I will be taking a break from the hobby. Ive had this tank for two years, and would like it to go to a good home. Heres whats for sale: 29gallon biocube T5 lighting fixture (one bulb fixture is broken...
  2. sh8wn9

Finger Leather Coral FOR SALE

I need to sell everything in the tank...including the tank. I figured Id start with my most favorite coral in there. It has grown tremendously since I first got it a year or so ago. It is attached to a small rock. Id say its at least 6 inches tall when fully "in bloom." I have never shipped...
  3. sh8wn9

Coral Growth Picture!

So, Im taking pics of my tank today and while browsing some old pics I found a few I wanted to share. It really shows the growth of this coral. The reason why Im taking pics is because I plan on selling everything. Im moving and cannot take the tank with me...so Im taking a break from the...
  4. sh8wn9

***biocube 36 watt ballasts for sale***

I have 2 ballasts for sale for a biocube. They came from my 29 gallon biocube...I no longer need them because Im running an open top with T5 lights. I will also be selling the tank soon because I will be moving and cannot bring it with me:( Anyways, the part number for the ballasts are 82003...
  5. sh8wn9

Should I add more snails and hermits...and how many????

My tanks been up for almost 2 years now. Its the 29g biocube...for the inverts...I have a short spined urchin(this was the first invert I added), 3 astrea snails, I think the most Ive counted at one time is 8 hermits (4dwarf blue legged, 2 scarlet, snd 2 jade), 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, a bunch of...
  6. sh8wn9

question about water changes and those guys that hang out at the top of the tank!

My urchin has decided to take up residence at a different section of the tank. Now it likes to hang out at the very top of the tank corner between a powerhead during the days. That got me wondering about water change because I need to do one this week. I never really worried about the occasional...
  7. sh8wn9

What are these???

So, the tanks been up for like a year and a half now...and Ive always wondered what these are. They are very slow growing, and Ive always thought that they were polys which were spreading, but they never grew that "flower" head. They are dark purple and skinny with a few holes in them. Are they...
  8. sh8wn9

Anyone know where this light is in STOCK

18” HO T5 460nm Actinic Bulb Im looking for this light for my nova extreme pro t5 light fixture. I ordered two from drs foster and smith, and they have been back ordered for months!!! Kinda annoying, and everyplace I look seems to be out of stock or discontinued...anybody have any leads???
  9. sh8wn9

The case of the disappearing fish...

So, I have a biocube 29 thats been up for a little over a year now. The tank is pretty stable, I dont have any issues with water quality...my concern is for my fish. Ive lost 4 fish over the year, and only one has been accounted for. I started with two clowns and they got along great. Then I...
  10. sh8wn9

Anyone in CT or close looking for xenia...make an offer

If anyone is interested in xenia living in CT or surrounding areas, please let me know. The xenia in my tank constantly spreads, and Id rather sell it for cheap then to throw it out. Id rather not ship, but would drive halfway to drop off. Let me know if interested. Thanks!
  11. sh8wn9

Just wanted to share a pic...

Hi. I was looking at pics on my computer and came across this one that I took back in august...I think its a really cool pic. What do you guys think???
  12. sh8wn9

Refugium advice

I know all the benefits from having a refugium, and I think it is time to add one to my 29g biocube. I was looking at the cpr hang on back refugium, but I do not have enough room behind the tank for it! Says you need 4.5 inches, 5 to be safe, and I only have 4. Would it be possible to use it on...
  13. sh8wn9

Hitchhiker crab ID please...came with a shipment of coral

Hi. I just received a pocillopora coral from pacific east aquaculture. I was floating the bag in the tank and realized that I got a tiny crab along with it. Can anyone identify this before I put it into the tank. I want to know whether its a good guy or bad guy. Thanks! This is the best pic I...
  14. sh8wn9

Out Of Control Xenia...need Advice For Propogation

So...my tank is just about a year old, and I bought a stalk of tiny pulsing xenia over the summer. I love the way it pulses, and I think that mesmerized me because I've been staring at it all along and now its just wayyyy out of control. Its taking over my tank and blocking out light to the...
  15. sh8wn9

Leftover water from water changes???

I've always wondered about this...so I thought I'd see if you guys could give me some insight. I did a 6 gallon water change today, and I usually just pour the old water down the sink drain. But I've always wondered if it is ok to pour saltwater into the drain. Is it going to have an effect on...
  16. sh8wn9

Jackass clown fish!

OK...I have a 29g tank(biocube), and the first two fish I ever put in there were 2 clown fish...a male and female. The female is like 2 or 3 times as big as the male...they've both grown alot. Lately the female has been harassing the male tooo much. She reminds me of a freakin orca whale. She...
  17. sh8wn9

new blue/green reef chromis

I bought a new fish yesterday...I know naturally they tend to hang out in schools...but I read a lot about people keeping them solo. Hes doing good so far...but he's just hanging out in one corner. Im assuming that hes not comfortable yet, and eventually he will be swimming everywhere. Does...
  18. sh8wn9

Xenia!!!

I posted a thread back in April about how I nearly wiped out all my corals by topping off with tapwater...eek! Lesson Learned! Anyways...I just wanted to share some before and after pics of how crazy the xenia bounced back. It went from a bleached white shriveled coral to a huge thriving xenia...
  19. sh8wn9

Six Lined Wrasse

Does anyone have any experience with this fish??? Ive been researching it a lot and I keep finding articles about the fish being a bully...it seems like all they do is pick on fish and crabs and anything smaller than it. Does anyone have any advice about this. Im thinking of getting one because...
  20. sh8wn9

New Rainbow Ricordea

Just picked up a new coral today from Pacific East Aquaculture. What do you think of this Florida rainbow??? I think it is really beautiful.