Search results

1. J

flow and circulation - how?

I have had my tank up and running for just about a year now and I don't think I have ever taken a look at the flow in my tank or read anything on how it should be set up in the tank. As of right now, I noticed that I dont really have anything uniform in my tank for flow. Here is a drawing of...
  2. J

Where do you guys buy your t-5 bulbs?

title says it. I just did a quick search on google because i plan to order a few bulbs and I only found 1 place selling what I needed. 4 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI Aquablue, 1 UVL Actinic White.
  3. J

did a dumb thing...

When i woke up this morning, I saw that my clowns had knocked over my frog spawn frag. While I was trying to wedge it back into its spot, I accidentally held it too hard and crushed the head =( it broke into 3 pieces but its still held together by the guts. So, I stuffed it into a hole to...
  4. J

WTB T-5 setup 30" or smaller

looking for a: Tek 24" 4x24w Catalina aquarium 6x24 24" or 30" ATI 24" 4x24w or other highend T5 light. pm me with prices thx -Jason
  5. J

t5 lights for 37 gal

hey all, Right now on my tank i am running a 150w MH clamp on light that I am not 100% happy with. I am thinking of switching over to t5s, but I am not sure how many bulbs I would need for the height of my tank to not be limited on what corals I can put in there. The 37 gal tall aquarium...
  6. J

bio balls to a refugium

Hey guys, I recently had the urge to move from my current wed/dry filter to a refugium. I have read on a couple different occasions that bio-balls are a bad choice for a reef system and thats what I plan on doing with my tank so I have to change. I have also read that it is necessary to...
  7. J

Will this work?

hey guys, I have recently had some motive to get my refugium built. Then i had the idea of modding my current wet/dry filter. here is what i have: Proclear pro 75 Here is what i plan to do (modification in red): will this work?
  8. J

Want to buy: Refugium

Hey all, Looking for a decent priced refugium for a tank up to 75 gallons. I currently have a 40 gallon that i have had for only a few months, but i see myself upgrading within the next couple months so id like something that will work with both size tanks. Looking for a used on or someone...
  9. J

peppermint shrimp + zoa's

Background info: tank is going on 3 months old. I have 3 peppermints in the tank, 1 blood, 1 scarlet (all get along quite well). I just introduced my first piece of coral, a zoa frag with probably about 10 polyps on it. Anyways, I wake up this morning, and 2 of my peppermints take a couple...
  10. J

Arrow Crab =(

My tank has been up and running for a little over a month. The cycle had been done for 2 weeks maybe more. My chem levels are all stable. That being said, I purchased an arrow crab and a clown fish. Both animals were eating well and seemed to be doing great. My arrow really seemed to be happy...
  11. J

Nirate reading/cycle questions

Alright, i just set up a new 37 gallon tank about a week and a half ago (12/7). I bought about 65 lbs of rock, some live some base, and i also thru in a giant shrimp from the deli. i tested my water a few times durring the week and my Nitrates were through the roof (100ppm+). As of right now, my...
  12. J

37g Build (PICS!!)

Hello all, Here is the set up and aquascape on my first tank build. The tank is still cycling as it is only a week and 1/2 old (started 12/7). Let me know what you all think! Stats so far: 50-55 LBS of live rock - mix of Figi and Haitian rock 10-15 LBS of Base rock 20 LBS of live sand 37g tank...
  13. J

Hello all

Hai guise, Just wanted to say whats up to you all. I just picked up a nice 37 gal aquarium that I plan on making into a reef (bought it Sunday night 12/7). I have found tons of great information here and wanted to thank you guys for putting together those extensive write ups on how all the...