Search results

1. onix

mantis shrimp, pistol shrimp and Bristle worn prblem

Well I have a big problem with this aquarium pest. About 3 months ago I buy extra live rock "cured". It look very clean, odorless and make the mistake putting in my aquarium. How I can kill all of this pest. A local fish store tell me, in order to keep the beneficial bacteria in the rock...
  2. onix

need 75g tank

Hi everyone, some body know where to buy a 75g tank with internal overflow. The problem is that I am from Puerto Rico, so maybe the shipping charge killme
  3. onix

A question for electric expert

Hi I just thinking how many watts x h use a regular 55g reef tank including a 1/10 chiller. The question is to see the probability to make a solar system only to my tank.
  4. onix

help with lights

Hi everyone, I need to make a DIY light project for my 55g tank. I am thinking in 4 x 54w t5 lights. What type of ballast I need?, a good one please and where I can find 4 reflector and the bulbs connector? I can put the ballast outside the canopy? I have to do this projects because I...
  5. onix

I need some suggestions

Ok let me disscus two cases. 1. My aquarium(55g)-- A FOWLR one. I have a AQUA C Removery with mag 5, a 30g sump with ceramic rigns, filter socks, about 50 lb and 1" of sands in both display tank and sump. Also I have Chaeto algae with 100w fluorescence light rate at 6500K. I change the...
  6. onix

Mangrove in Refugium?

Hi, I have 3 mangrove in my refugium but are too big, I can Prune it?
  7. onix

nemo going to refugium and death

I tell my wife don't see finding nemo in front my aquarium
  8. onix

siphon or not the sand

Hi, my tank is set up about 1 years and have in the main tank a DSB of 4" approximately. I never siphon the sand, just stir and vacuum all the debris I can. My nitrates always are in 20 ppm. In past days a paid for a clean service $70 to my tank, just to see how they do. The only think that...
  9. onix

odyssey skimmer ps160 setup?

hi everyone, I need some instruction on how setup my skimmer. I don't know how to conect the "U tube" to the pump. I want tu use it in hang on mode Thanks Cesar
  10. onix

I need cheato algae

Hi, some body can sell me some cheato. I am from Puerto Rico and here I don't find it. Please check the shipping to Puerto Rico and lets me know Thanks, Cesar
  11. onix

light help

Hi everyone. A friend have a 6' (125g) tank and need a light system. He dont have a lot of $$$$ so he ask me if my light system is good for him. My system is a 4' 260w PC (2 daylights and 2 actinic). I tell him that he can use this system but he can not have any coral or annemones. I was...
  12. onix

Any suggestion for my refigium

Hi, my refugium has been running about 9 months with any good algae growth. I try caulerpa and die, try cheato and die. The only algae in the refugium is green hair algae. The only thing that I know that i have to do is change the bulb. Actually I am using an ooold 50/50 fluorescent light...
  13. onix

coconut active carbon???

Hi, I can use coconut shell active carbon for my aquarium?? I have for free 5 gallons of this active carbon. thanks, Onix
  14. onix

Frozen food??

Hi, Is possible to use frozen shrimp and/or mollusks from supermarket?? What preparation I have to do??? Which brand?? Maybe using this raw food I slow phosphate in aquarium
  15. onix

Cleaning Crew In Refuguim

Hi every one. The cleaning crew in the refugiun can be the same at main tank?? My refugium was very very dirty, full of what I think was hair algae. I don,t was preoccupied oh this because in the main tank I don't have a algae problems just green slim in glass.
  16. onix

sand like rock

today when I am cleaning the tank I note that some areas of DSB are solidiffied..very hard like a rock. Is this normal? My tank is running good..thanks God...only normal brown light algae in glass but no problems The tank is ~ 5 month Thanks people
  17. onix

Help with Rowa phos

Hi In this mornning I am cleaning my aquarium and want to use rowa phost. The problems is that I lost the instruction paper. Can anyone helpme. I have to rinse the rowa phost? How many of rowa phost I have to use in a 55g aquarium? Thanks.
  18. onix

UV for 55g??

Hi, What recommendation can you give me on UV system For my tank. I want it to help reduce algae or control it, and also help fight ick. I really can't spend more than $100. I am thinking to use it in the sump because in display tank I have too many visual distraction( 2 power head, skimmer pump...
  19. onix

light cicle??

I ask in a LFS why I have brown algae if my parameter are good not perfect yet but good. He say that light cicle take more time. My lights are news and are 260w(2 10k and 2 actinic 03) He say that I will have this brown algae over all at first, then red and green algae and in the end of the...
  20. onix

refugium problems

My refugium is set up above 4 month, have 18w 50/50 lights on all the day. I am using 80# of miracle mud. The problems is cheato is not growing. I think that is deading. A LFS try to sell me a product named Coral vital. He tellme that may the problems is that I need some trace elements like...