Search results

1. J

Size of QT??

The whole process about how to treat black ich is so confussing to me:help1:
  2. J

Size of QT??

Yeah, I know to quarantine all new fish. I always do. And, I know it can take that long for it to die off in the main, if not longer. I will go and buy a bigger tank for my qt. Those are the only 2 fish I have. I don't rush things. Thank goodness I am not impatient.
  3. J

Size of QT??

Alright, I know for sure now that my fish have black ich. I see my tang with the spots. So, I am setting up a QT. I have a small 5 gallon I can set up that a friend has. Will that be alright or do I need a bigger size. I only have a small yellow tang and a small clown.
  4. J

Sudden death in 2 fish

I think I have read everything on this website. She has been stung by the frogspawn before and I think it is the same black spots. I just finished reading Dave's posts where he blew his sand and detrius all over the place and had things die. It ended up being his lights, but when I put in the...
  5. J

Sudden death in 2 fish

I haven't thought about an electrical problem. This started the day after I put in the new powerheads. Could they be producing to much power (electricity) in the tank? I am down to 2 fish. My clown and the new yellow tang that has only been in for 3 days now. I think the spots on the clown are...
  6. J

Sudden death in 2 fish

I am thinking if it was problems with my sandbed from the move or problems with my water (like toxins from the corals) that the fish would have died right away. Not a month later, right?
  7. J

Sudden death in 2 fish

I have always had a QT and I haven't added ANYTHING (not even coral) in about 8 months. I am not even sure if it is black ich. I am just stumped as to why two fish just died with no signs. oh...and I have seaweed and I mix garlic in with my food that I feed daily
  8. J

Sudden death in 2 fish

Strange, well my loving wonderful husband bought me two new powerheads last week. The next day is when my blue hippo died. I thought maybe I blew her to death. Then this morning with my chromis. Well, he felt really bad for me about my Dori dying (more for my son who has been crying). So...
  9. J

Sudden death in 2 fish

I just finished testing my water: Temp-80 Salinity-1.023 Nitrates-0 ammonia-0 phosphates-0 carbonate hardness-196.9 ppm couldn't test my ph because I broke my becker and I don't have another one that large. I also noticed black spots on my clown. I can't tell if they are from my...
  10. J

Sudden death in 2 fish

I haven't posted on here in a while. I moved my tank about 1 month ago. I have been checking my paremeters every 2 days and haven't had a shift in anything. Will post #'s later. However, about 1 week ago I lost my blue hippo tank and this morning I lost my blue-green chromis. They act completly...
  11. J

The mystery of the filter pad

Nitrates are zero, everything in the tank is doing fine. Actually my corals look great. But it is time for a waterchange anyway and I will clean out that skimmer in the morning.
  12. J

OH NO!! I didn't think of that. I better check
  13. J

So, I have been keeping a filter pad (polishing pad), one side blue and one side white..whatever that is...in the left chamber of my bakpak skimmer for a couple months. I change it out about every two weeks. So, I just looked at it two days ago and thought it was about time for a change because...
  14. J

What a morning

Moto- I think all of that just went right over my head. But good for you for doing it. I have finally gotten all of the "burnt" smell out of my house by this morning. However the wood on the doors of my fish tank really smell. I think it is there for good.
  15. J

What a morning

I didn't have anything in the QT, thank goodness. What is "grounded"
  16. J

What a morning

So, I keep my QT under my main. Well, this morning my 6 yr old son went under there to look at a fish book. No big deal, he usually turns on my lights for me. Well, apparently he somehow knocked the light into the water of my QT. I was in the office. About 10-15 min later I come around the...
  17. J

My first fish illness

Tank has been set up since end of Oct last year. Sal-1.024 Temp. 80 P.H.-8.4 which is constant for tank ammonia-0 Nitrate-0 Feed every morning a mix of cyclopeez, brine shrimp and alittle garlic. As for fish I have a b/g chromis, small blue hippo tang. They have been in for months...
  18. J

My first fish illness

I was thinking the same thing about the stress but didn't want to do the wrong thing if I should be treating him for some sickness.Wanted to get others inputs.
  19. J

My first fish illness

It is not infected and as for the size, it is a small/medium size piece right in the middle of the tail.
  20. J

My first fish illness

I woke yesterday to find my clown sick or injured, I am not sure which. She has a small piece missing out of her tail. She was fine the night before so I am thinking it happened during the night. Well now she is just hanging in one corner and barley moving. Her color is fine and there are no...