Search results

1. reefs reefs

What's wrong with my brain coral?

Try getting it some different water flow and getting it onto a rock. keeping it on the sand bad might be damaging it, Due to little critters at night.
  2. reefs reefs

BAMBOO SHARK CAN IT BE DONE (120 gallon)

Well If i had him it would just be until he out grew my tank then he would be put into a 10,000 gallon tank and my buddies restraint
  3. reefs reefs

Well could you tell me what I would need
  4. reefs reefs

I have a 120 gallon wide take and is connected into a 100 gallon vat of water. I was wondering sense there is a lot of sand than normal cause it is a wide take could i keep one of these. I have no small fish
  5. reefs reefs

Dr.Foster And Smith

Has anyone been to the dr.fster and smith pet store
  6. reefs reefs

what kind of anemone is this?

Pretty close relatives to the aptasia is what i hear
  7. reefs reefs

Please help me identify!

I would have to go with condy
  8. reefs reefs

Will a 4 bulb T5 fixture be ok for my tank?

I have had t-5 HO in my tanks from day one don't make the mistake of only getting the t-5 bulbs. Get the t-5 high output bulbs. I have 2 white and 2 blue sitting on top of a 120 gallon tank im able to keep clams and sps with them o yea its a 120 gallon tall so the light is strong enough to get...
  9. reefs reefs

Does Anybody Have A Powder Blue Tang Succsess Story's

I was interested in hearing some story's about the powder blue tang I just bought one from the pet store and wanted to see if anybody had some tips or tricks.
  10. reefs reefs

Things i'll never have in my tank period!!!

not a very big fan of the mantis shrimp. They look extremely cool but sometimes its better to look and not touch lol.
  11. reefs reefs

my new piece of reef

Wow looks good
  12. reefs reefs

Xenia Question

It really is hard to say at least for me i dont know about you guys but sometimes they like a lot of water flow and then sometimes they like none at all what i would do is start the colony on the bottom of the tank then every few days work you way up side to side up and down on until you find...
  13. reefs reefs

what do copepods eat?

Yea i have tried that bottle I think it works but it takes a long time I believe the best thing to do is to let them come naturally.
  14. reefs reefs

just received my package from reefcleaners.org

I have herd about this. I also ship my snails like this you should give them a few days in the qt tank. good luck
  15. reefs reefs

The LFS just ripped me off is this a derasa clam

Well i thought that i would keep you guys posted you always hear about the problem but nothing after a few weeks. The clam looks great and has grown a lot in the last few months i have had him for about 4 months now put some pics up in a little time.
  16. reefs reefs

Paphai

very cool keep us posted
  17. reefs reefs

What Do You Guys Think About A Green House Frag Area!!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of just building a small one. One that could house 4 of 5 rubbermaid 100 gallons vats. And in the winter i would take the corals in the house and put them in the tanks. HAha no way im going to try to keep the temp stable when it is 20 below. What kinds of...
  18. reefs reefs

Power down for water changes?

Yea i turn it all off except for the heaters.
  19. reefs reefs

What Do You Guys Think About A Green House Frag Area!!!!

I was wanting to build a green house in the back yard but was not sure in if it would be successful. I want to see how much the corals will grow under natural lighting rather than MH. Now i live in Michigan and the winters here are pretty crazy but i coould bring them into the house or put a...