BAMBOO SHARK CAN IT BE DONE (120 gallon)

reefs reefs

I have a 120 gallon wide take and is connected into a 100 gallon vat of water. I was wondering sense there is a lot of sand than normal cause it is a wide take could i keep one of these. I have no small fish

michael_cb_125

These fish can attain 3 feet and need much more room than most people think.
In my opinion these fish need a minimum of 350 gallons. Yes, they are a smaller shark and yes they walk rather than swim, but they are still a large fish.

When people freak out about an achilles tang in a 100 gallon, why do they not have issues with these sharks on tanks under 300 gallons.

~Michael

BTW- I was not meaning to sound rude :)

reefs reefs

Well If i had him it would just be until he out grew my tank then he would be put into a 10,000 gallon tank and my buddies restraint

michael_cb_125

It is your tank and your decision. But remember that you should always get a fish for the tank you have now and not the tank you WILL have or a tank that the fish COULD go in.

~Michael

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
These are another one of those fish that have a high mortality rate in captivity and should be left in the wild. I have seen more than a few of these sharks parish at the LFS over the years, typically they won't eat anything and wither away or they just pass for no apparent reason.

If you put it in the 10000 gallon tank to begin with then yes it would have a very good chance but I don't think it would be a good idea to start it in a 120.

michael_cb_125

Like Eric said many of these fish die in captivity. The sad part is that these fish are not terribly difficult to keep, most people just do not take the time to fully understand and meet the needs of these amazing fish.

~Michael

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
When I buy a fish, I feel it is best to place it in an aquarium that is suited for it as an adult, not as a juvenile. A lot fewer problems that way