Search results

1. kragon

A Golfers 180 Tank

Alright my tank is 180 gallons and has been set up for a year and a half. Equipment for is an ASM 3 skimmer a wet dry filter with live rock and carbon pillows in the sump. Lighting includes oddysea mh light that has 10000k watt bulbs. About 200 pounds of live rock and about 50 pounds of sand and...
  2. kragon

How to hook up pump

Alright if found a booster pump that wont break the bank since really i dont need another rodi the one i have is fine. But here is the pump, Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump, 1/4" ports :: Pumps & Accessories :: Buckeye Field Supply, Ltd.
  3. kragon

Frag's

I have coral frags that are growing crazy some i had to frag to stop them growing next to corals, the ones growing are stars, daisey and anthelia all of these corals grow quickly but my tank isnt in great shape so why would they be doing this good. Does this means things are getting better or...
  4. kragon

2 Months to Live

My tangs have only about 2 months to live because i had an expert on fish diesease and health come in(he was my science teacher) and say that there is nothing i can do but wait for them to die. He says that the malnutrion on top of bad water quality means no hope. I have been trying to get them...
  5. kragon

Rodi not producing Alot

I have an rodi unit coralife module 2 it says it produces 50 gpd but for mine it takes about a week to make a hundred gallons. So why would it go that slow and will i need to buy another one.
  6. kragon

Go on or Give Up

My tank if any one cant remeber has been suffering with nitrates and when things looked good i broke my foot and been out of it well i thought i would get back into it but guess what i needed surgery on my foot so im out for another 4 days. I dont know if i should continue on i have a couple of...
  7. kragon

Things Looking Up

Well I havent changed anything in my tank and have increased my food to help my fish health. The fish are making good recovery their frayed fins are healing and the white splochts are healing too.This is not all of the good news theres even more, well it looks like my cyano algae and dino are...
  8. kragon

Normal Ro/Di

I have a 50 gpd rodi coralife unit and i have been setting it up for about two weeks but it only seems that it makes 15 gallons per day is this normal to become so low or is there something wrong.
  9. kragon

Tank going down

Well i can defintaly say my tank is gone down hill there is brown algae is growing on rocks and the walls. My plan of doing 50 percent water changes is gone since i broke my foot so if anybody has any ideas i am despreate, i might sell every thing but two clowns and move them and just start over.
  10. kragon

Science Does Hurt

Last Friday we were doing an experiment to see physics and we were on a human canalever and i was the one holding the two boards together by standing on it and well the person went to far the boards slipped and i went falling off the stage. When i first hit i knew something had happen five hours...
  11. kragon

Different looking starpolyps

I have been looking closer at my star polyps which are doing good but i notice a difference in thier appearence and their growth. One is just the tentical looking ones and are growing moderitally slow.The second one are more looking like palm tree leaves and are growing quickly, why are they...
  12. kragon

Ways to sell equipment

I dont know if this goes here but is there any way you can sell eqquipment with out pay pal a simple way since i am only fifteen and i cant do any thing fancy.
  13. kragon

Problem with overflow box

I just got this and i have been trying to set it up but the tubbing i got is 1 inch and i aslo have 3/4 inch tubbing but when i try get it through it is equal to the bulkhead or it too small for it and it looks like water will come out. Here is the item Reef Aquarium Filtration: Eshopps...
  14. kragon

Is this normal

I been doing my same routine since my rubbermaid tub has been leaking so 10 percent water changes every week not doing any thing to my parameters at all but i have been noticing that cyano is starting to go away a little bit and my green stars have been looking healthier and growing. My...
  15. kragon

I need some help

My tank is looking worse and worse and when i try to fix it something goes wrong like going to do a larger water change but rubbermaid tub leaks so that set me back. But my problem is cyano and high nitrates and now that i learned that i was not feeding enough to my fish i have increased food...
  16. kragon

5.5 gallon

One of my friends that is pretty advanced in reef keeping is wondering if you can keep fish in the small of tank he looking at gobies and shrimps any ideas.
  17. kragon

Pumps for refugiam

I have every thing set for my refugiam, the tubing and adapter bought weird tubing for the pumps, overflow box and glass diveders that still need to be cut, ill wait until the overflow box come till i do that, so my question is what sort of pump should i do it can either have a half diameter to...
  18. kragon

100 gallon rubbermaid tub leaking

I just got to filling it and it is dripping at the screw part so i tighten it up and still its dripping. My mom said it had to go over the square part to stop the leaking and that it will fix it by equaling the pressure.Is this true.
  19. kragon

Made up sayings

I was kinda of bored in latin so i started to think of some cool phases about reefs so here is two pick one or the other.
  20. kragon

Salifin Tang Help

My red sea sailfin tang is now getting like parts of it off it kinda looks like freshwater fin rot but not that bad and now i see near his eye their is like scars. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the pics