Search results

1. Rougiem

I think we are back!!!

It has been a long time since I have posted but wanted to give some quick updates! Due to work done in our buildings over the summer, we had to break the tank down. I am teaching an environmental science class this year and they are interested in getting the tank up and running again...
  2. Rougiem

Food Help!

Hello Everyone! It has been a great while since I have posted. I am still breathing! I can thank several of my students for getting me addicted to WoW! :laughroll School tank needs a great deal of work but I have had too many things going on. I am going to start a bioclub (already did...
  3. Rougiem

OT:Spore

Hey everyone...It has been a while for me...SOOO busy! :hammerhea How many of you have played this game? I am working with some teachers to design some lessons using the game as a teaching tool. If you have any ideas - please post them as this would be helpful to me! Cheers!~ Ahhh...
  4. Rougiem

OT: Life in the Ocean!

I think this is a great idea! Over the next ten years the OBIS (Ocean Biogeographic Information System) will be doing a survey of ocean life....A very daunting task indeed! Some more info: It is an evolving strategic alliance of people and organizations sharing a vision to make marine...
  5. Rougiem

Help!

Hello everyone...I was wondering if someone could give me a hand. One of our pumps went out this morning and will need to be replaced. To make the change as quickly as possible - this is the pump we have: Little Giant model number 3-MDO(this could be a Q..hard to read)X - SC. Does anyone know...
  6. Rougiem

OT: Men of RS Thread...

It seemed only fair that we started one as well...Get in here Booze! :D and quit bugging the girls...Let them have their time...:rolleyes: First post can start the discussion :thumbup:
  7. Rougiem

6th Period Biology

Welcome to my sixth period Biology students...They will be posting in masses tomorrow!!! Now the tank is going to roll...
  8. Rougiem

1st Period Biology

Welcome to my first period Biology students...They will be posting in masses tomorrow!!! Now the tank is going to roll...
  9. Rougiem

OT: Off to Russia...again!

What is everyone doing this summer anyway? :D I am off to Moscow tomorrow to get my fiancee! We are planning on marrying in August! :) I will keep you all posted and she wants to learn how to reef! :thumbup: Pictures and video to come! Cheers!
  10. Rougiem

OT: Creatures from the Deep!

Thought this was coolio! Make sure your speakers are on...perfect music... The Deep Cheers!
  11. Rougiem

OT: Rethinking Dinos...

I just read and saw this story as I am covering some of it with my students...Looking at my avatar...go figure why I like this stuff...:rolleyes: Point is we are always "evolving" our knowledge of living things...Ocean...ancient life...whatever...Why I love science...:D ABC News...
  12. Rougiem

OT: Two Years at RS!

Wow time flies when you are having fun! :thumbup: I can hardly believe I have been part of the sanctuary for 2 years now! I have learned so much here and look forward to continuing that in the future! Many of you were such a great help with our school tank and that has not worked as I...
  13. Rougiem

Fireworm Question

I have a coworker with a tank and I have been trying to help him with a problem he seems to be having. He purchased a cleaner shrimp and anemone. His wife said on the way home a bristle worm ate the shrimp? He called last night saying these same brisleworms were attacking his anemone. He...
  14. Rougiem

OT: The BioDaVersity Code!

Take a look at this clip...has a great message I think! :) http://www.daversitycode.com/ I have not seen the movie but clever none the less! Cheers!
  15. Rougiem

OT: Humans and Urchins?

I am going over genetics with my students and came across this story in the latest NSTA magazine....We have more in common with our tanks than we think :rolleyes: Humans Share Genes With Sea Urchins 2006-11-17 - NSTA News After identifying 23,300 genes made from 814 million letters of...
  16. Rougiem

CPR Bak Pak 2 Skimmer

I have a CPR Bak Pak 2 skimmer for sale. It has been used about a year and works fine. I have the box and all documentation along with the optional bubble trap. It comes with the MaxJet 1200 pump. I am asking $70 or BO. I will ship anywhere! :thumbup: PM me if you have questions...
  17. Rougiem

Whale Shark Universe

Thanks Booze...You have made me sift through the articles.... "What do whale sharks and the night sky have in common? An awful lot, it turns out. They are both on the large side. Both are attractive, if a bit daunting. And they have the same complexion: a sprinkling of white spots against a...
  18. Rougiem

Wooster & Masna Collaberation

An Exciting Update! I would like to share a wonderful collaberation that will be happening to the school tank. Steve Bentz - Vice President & Dir. of Fundraising/Scholarships for MASNA is personally adopting our tank for the purposes of this organization and will be working directly with me...
  19. Rougiem

Million Dollar Fish Tanks?

Found this on MSN's web page today... It must be nice...but these people just look at the tanks...Do not maintain them...What ever you want to do...:invisible http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=4ADD5546-D4F7-455F-9349-213159073B84&t=c155&f=06/64&p= Cheers!
  20. Rougiem

OT: Russia Trip!

Well finally I have a number of photos to share with all of you....Any questions or comments feel free to ask...I would be happy to answer or comment for sure! :thumbup: As you will notice in a lot of the photos, Moscow's historical buildings are undergoing extensive renovations. As in one...