OT: Rethinking Dinos...

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
I just read and saw this story as I am covering some of it with my students...Looking at my avatar...go figure why I like this stuff...:rolleyes:

Point is we are always "evolving" our knowledge of living things...Ocean...ancient life...whatever...Why I love science...:D

ABC News: Rediscovering the Dinosaurs

Cheers!

saltwaterfarm

Thanks for sharing! I have a 7 year old who is obsessed with dinos. He will read this tomorrow after school. Now when I say dinos... Not kid dinos... books that I cannot even pronounce the words in. It is amazing what he knows about these creatures...

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Roger. there is a supposed fossil field quite near my house, would you like some info on it? Id be happy to find out for you. Steve

boozeman

WOW, Steve you live close to a fossil site...how cool is that!!

I guess I never outgrew my fascination with these 'thunderous lizards'. It is amazing how scientists are using modern tools to expand on their views on how dinosaurs lived. From using scanning microscopes and modern x-ray machines to view the integral structures of the skull to using advanced super computers to measure footprints thus reconstructing the way they walked, nothing is spared in the quest for knowledge !!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Yup and there's an old folks home too! wonder how the computer accommodated all those years of erosion

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Its like a moon scape with water, the cliffs are sandstone and they go right into the ocean, if a stone get on the sand stone, the water twists and turns the stone until it gets buried in the sandstone, after a few years the loose stone has ground a pot hole, some are big enough to hide in