Search results

1. O

Some pictures from my 280g

Hey Melev, nice looking tank. I can't wait to upgrade. Hope to run into you at macna. I'll be there Sat and maybe Sunday also.
  2. red leg (green eyed) hermit

red leg (green eyed) hermit

3. Dolabella Sea Hare

Dolabella Sea Hare

4. O

Thinning Majano Anemones

I would strongly suggest getting rid of the mojano's and probably not to the lfs where some poor unsuspecting newbie will pay top dollar for a nuisance :D . I received my first mojo on the rock my first acropora came encrusted to. There was only one and it was a nice green color. It looked...
  5. O

avoid coralsandbar.com

I wanted to update and let people know that Rob has refunded my money. Wit, I do appologize for my tactics but it was a LAST resort. I did give him plenty of time to take care of the problem and tried email, phone and PM's. It was unfortunate that it had to come to this, but as a result of...
  6. O

avoid coralsandbar.com

Sorry I've typed this BAD experiance for to long today...check out the RC vendor forum. It's pretty clearly stated by myself, coralsandbar and others
  7. O

avoid coralsandbar.com

just a warning. Very bad experiance with Rob the owner of coralsandbar. He is getting lots of negative feedback from many others over at the RC vendor forum.
  8. O

Vote for Topic Of The Week!!! (TOTW)

I voted...but it's a secret! :p
  9. O

URGENT: Feather Duster with NO Tube

A little late, but I'll share a simular experiance. I picked out a pink feather duster at the lfs. When the guy went to bag it for me the thing withdrew into the tube so fast that it blew out the other side. They gave me the worm for free and said the same thing to me about it might be able to...
  10. O

Which species are "deep water" SPS?

I agree with what has been stated about the deep water acroporas. I wouldn't try them in a 29 or under pc's. I also agree with witful that montipora would be a good place for you to begin. I had a purple tip digitata and a green digitata both encrusted onto the same rock. I changed some things...
  11. O

Fishing for Flame Angel and info

A little off topic, but I've been trying to figure out how to get my ex-wife to eat a bowl of zoanthids for about a year now :D
  12. O

Should I switch from 10k to 20k?

For what its worth. I use hqi or double ended, which ever you prefer to call them. I am setting up a new tank and plan on using 2 250 watt 10k on each end and a 250 watt 20k in the center timed to follow a somewhat natural sunrise, sunset schedule. The 10 k would be fore more natural color...
  13. O

CPR external overflow boxes

Yup, aqualifter. That's what I had to order.
  14. O

Food Suggestions for SPS Coral

wooddood, just my .02. Get the freezer bags with the little zipper thing instead of the ones you have to squeze together. Such a little thing made my life sooo much easier :D
  15. O

Hey thanks for all the replies guys! I am still a little confused as to why I'm having trouble. I'm using a Mag 18 for a return pump (it's only a 45 gal tank)and the air line is hooked up to a MJ 1200. I have also tried tilting it so that the air bubble would go towards the air line and that...
  16. O

reefrunner, thanks for the reply. I have it connected to a power head. I actualy had better luck running it opposite the venturi. I hooked the airline to the intake of the power head instead. It only delays the inevetable. I've tried all cpr how to fix our product advice and still have the same...
  17. O

Has anyone else had a hard time with the cpr overflows? Mine keeps letting an air pocket build up inside the siphon until the pocket gets big enough to stop the siphon. That, as you have probably already guessed, makes a big mess. On the good side it causes me to do frequent "water changes"...
  18. O

Life begins strangely

Good job, happy clowns. The fry will be eaten by your other fish..including mom and dad unless you get them protected. Unfortunately their chance of survival is pretty slim. They along with being on everyone elses menu require very specific feeding. On the good side . They are alot like...
  19. O

any canadians

Umm....I got kicked out of Canada once. They told me to never come back?
  20. O

George Carlin...something special

He wrote a book a few yrs ago titeled Brain Droppings. Alot of the typical Carlin, but alot that can make you think.