Search results

1. J

yeah, Im ready

Well, I report almost 3 months ago that I had ich and I took the advice to remove the fish left and let the tank sit. Well I hope I'm ready to try a fish again. I'm very reluctant. My 2 fish are in the qt and have been treated and are doing well and staring at the bigger tank wondering when...
  2. J

is there a picture of the parasite that causes ich?

I posted a couple of weeks ago about having to start my 90 gal over again because of the presence of ich. All my recently purchased fish have died and am left with most of the originals that went through the cycling. I'm setting up other smaller tanks so I can dismantle and start over. My...
  3. J

proper lighting for tank/corals

Is there a general rule of thumb for the amount of lighting an acquarium should have? I have a 90 gal reef tank.
  4. J

Fallow period

I'm getting ready to remove my fish and quarantine them for ich and letting my dt sit for the recommended time frame. I have been reading the articles on the process but wasn't exactly sure what to do with the LR, corals, and inverts. If I understand correctly its the fish that are the host...
  5. J

cleaner wrasse

Just saw the really nice picture of the cleaner wrasse. I have had two at different times and can't keep them alive. They do really well for a couple of weeks and then die. Whats up? My water params are fine and everyone else is good. Any thoughts?
  6. J

clown and anemones

Are there particular clowns that will host particular nems? I had a tomato clown and he/she really took to the nem that I had. It became to aggressive with my other fish and I had to remove it. I got a little percula that is small and cute but has shown no interest at all for the nem that I have.
  7. J

what to test for

I'm newish still and have a couple of corals now. What all do I need to test for , besides amnomia, ph, nitrites, nitrates, calcium....and specific supplements that I need to add to make sure they continue to do well. Also some advice on what people are feeding and having good success with.
  8. J

ich - fresh water dips

Opinions on fresh water dips to get rid of ich?
  9. J

lets suppose I have ich in my main tank

With all the rock and stuff, how can I possibly catch everyone and put them in the hospital tank?
  10. J

qt tank

I had set up a qt tank in the last couple of weeks to try and avoid premature deaths of new fish, but now that seems to be doing its own cycling. The last 3 fish I had in there I had to take out after only 2 days because my amnonia and nitrates were increasing. Is there an easier way to...
  11. J

frequency of water changes

I have a 90 gallon reef about 3 1/2 months old now. Not having too many problems but want to make sure I'm getting as much information as I can to keep it that way. Every store I go to has a different opinion about things so I get a little nervous. My question. Is there a usual practice...
  12. J

tenting my house for termites in Miami

Ok, what do I do about my aquarium? I have to tent so my house doesn't fall apart. :) Anyone had to do this before?
  13. J

green string algae

I am 3 months new and am starting to see some green string algae growing around some areas. I thought that I had seem some discussion on this before but can't find it now. Do I need to be concerned? If so what do I use to control or eliminate it?
  14. J

also new here

Started a 90 gal reef 3 weeks ago and am experiencing alot of learning. Not sure that I have the right mentor so I am doing all the research and reading that I can. I'm currently experiencing alot of algae growth (brown) all over the tank, within days. My local person says let it ride. He...