Fallow period

johnmiami

I'm getting ready to remove my fish and quarantine them for ich and letting my dt sit for the recommended time frame. I have been reading the articles on the process but wasn't exactly sure what to do with the LR, corals, and inverts. If I understand correctly its the fish that are the host and not the above mentioned other inhabitants so they can stay, right? I have 11 fish so I have to set up several smaller tanks to house and treat them for the 8 weeks to leave the display running.

Anyone please confirm this or add any other useful information. This is not going to be fun.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Karma to you for treating all of your fish!!
I did the same thing with fabulous results! It is definately worth the effort.
You need only to remove the fish as they are the only host for ICH. The rocks/inverts, etc stay in the display.

Witfull

fallow means fish free,,,,go 8-10 weeks with elevated temp to appx 81*. this speeds up the parasite life cycle without effecting the critters to much.

johnmiami

with the 11 fish I have
1yellow tang
3chromis
1 6 line
1 engineer goby
4 bar jacks
1 royal gramma
What is the smallest set up you guys can recommend to hold them for the 8 weeks, multiple small tanks? (10g) or 1 larger one? I need to be able to afford all this without having to create a duplicate setup for the 90 that I have.