Search results

1. N

Top Brace??

Thanks for all the help. I am going to order the part today and start getting everything out tonight when i get home from work.
  2. N

Top Brace??

well i would get a bigger tank but this is the first one and its not even a month old.(for me at least) Looks like i have a project on my hands.
  3. N

Top Brace??

yeah it had one. looking at the measurements from the manufacture the tank has gained 3/8" in width. I already went to a lfs to see if they can order in the piece. My next question is how hard is it to put on the new piece?
  4. N

Top Brace??

My question is this: Are the top braces on the tank important? I bought my tank used and the brace was gone. Is this something i really should worry about getting fixed?
  5. N

My 45 Gal!!

Update: I decided to just use a 5lb bag of live sand and buy base rock from one of the sponsors. I just got the rock today so here are some pictures. I have started to cycle by putting scallops in the tank to build the Ammonia up. It's the 5th day and I am getting a high level but no nitrates...
  6. N

got2envy's 46g Bowfront w/DIY foam/rockwall

What kind of light do you have? I am not sure what NEP is.
  7. N

My 45 Gal!!

Just a little update. I have ordered a ro unit, power heads, and base rock. Still not sure what the filter media is supposed to be but I dont think it will matter because i plan to do a cpr overflow with sump. Well once the rock is here i will post some pictures of the aqua-scape.
  8. N

Vortech MP20 for Sale

price?
  9. N

lighting

With the tank I just got I have the same light. So I am going to be following along with this. I eventually plan on getting a clam. I already know this lighting isn't going to be enough but what would it take? Is it as simple as a new bulb? My tank size is 46 gallon bow front. (not trying to hijack)
  10. N

overfill switch

Couldn't you do kinda of an opposite of a float switch. Put the float at the water level line in the sump. If the water gets too low in the sump then the float would "trip" and return pump would shut off. I suppose you would wire it like a top of system.
  11. N

My 45 Gal!!

Well i got the tank today. It came with a coralife super skimmer, fluval 404, and a coralife T-5 double linear 36" 10,000K day and acticic bulbs. I picked up some sand and salt too. I am still waiting on live rock but have figured out how i want it displayed. I do have a random question, I...
  12. N

Normal Ro/Di

you can call the city too. They should be able to tell you
  13. N

My 45 Gal!!

i just found the state site and the local one isn't really much of anything. I did find that they have a meeting every month.
  14. N

My 45 Gal!!

Well the lighting is just the standard lighting that comes with a tank. my livestock plan is a blue spotted jaw fish, lawnmower blenny, pair of clowns, and the last would be a mandarin goby. The mandarin would be after a long time and only if i knew I had enough food for it. I also wanna get a...
  15. N

My 45 Gal!!

Well the local fish store doesn't do trade ins anymore. Guess i could always use them as my dead matter when i cycle the tank.
  16. tank_shot3

tank_shot3

17. N

My 45 Gal!!

Well someone on craigslist finally got smart and put a phone number on their listing. Anyway it is a 45 gal bow front that they have had running for about 9 months. There is a little live rock and two damsels. It comes with a protein skimmer and a fluval 405. Here is a picture of it. My plan...
  18. N

Craigslist

must be that when i email people it goes to their spam or junk mail.
  19. N

Star Trek or Star Wars

see i wasn't alone